Saturday, December 10, 2005

In case you were wondering...

...that incessant high-pitched screaming was coming from my house.









The house, the cats, DH and I have survived yet another birthday party. I can't wait until I can send them all to the movies without me. Holy crap.

We had 5 guests altogether. 2 couldn't come and 2 just didn't show. But the 5 we had were QUITE ENOUGH.

Please go over to the dining room table and help yourself to veggies and dip or nachos and salsa. There's still some cake and lots of ice cream. But hands off the ice cream. That's for me. :D

On the plus side, nothing got broken.

Oh, wait this is funny: we played Pin the Tail on the Donkey, but I didn't want to use a blindfold, so I told them just to keep their eyes shut. The first boy (who I babysit...well, not anymore...the mother quit her job) didn't keep his eyes closed and then tried to convince me that he'd put it exactly in the right spot completely blind. I tried not to laugh my ass off. The next kid did the same, and the next, then the next girl went up and told me how she really had done it with her eyes shut, she just felt for where the pile of tails were stuck one on top of the other and put hers there. Bunch of cheaters. :D

I wish I could relax, but DH is taking the kids to his company's Christmas party tomorrow and I'm dropping them off and then going shopping for presents.

Miss you all!

13 Comments:

At Saturday, December 10, 2005 5:46:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

So all that noise was *your* fault?
Geez, sounds like a crazy day. I don't handle that kind of noise very well myself, but it sounds like you did great.

Sorry you don't get to relax tomorrow, but hey, shopping is always fun, right?

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 7:36:00 PM, Blogger volsfan said...

Shopping? I have only bought 2 gifts.

The party sounded fun and I hope you at least get some sleep tonight.

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 10:08:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Blessyerheart, MM. I didn't actually go insane, but it was a close thing. I did a Google image search for a picture of "insane". Go ahead. Look at the second pic. Obviously, I went with Fry, since I love Futurama. Wait, aren't you a prude? Don't do an image search for "insane".

Thanks vols, I'm going to sleep reeeeeeeally well. *grin*

 
At Sunday, December 11, 2005 6:59:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Glad you made it through the chaos alive! Have fun shopping!

 
At Sunday, December 11, 2005 2:39:00 PM, Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Next time try actually blinding the little cheaters.

Bob <---- meaner than anyone.

 
At Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:42:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

*remembers to never ask Bob to babysit*

 
At Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:53:00 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

Along the same lines as Bob, next time play "pin the tail on the blindfolded kids"

 
At Sunday, December 11, 2005 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Christmas shopping blows chunks. I got lost in the stupid store because I forgot that I parked near a mall exit and not a store exit. I walked around the store twice before I remembered the great big tree right at the entrance.

Good grief.

Thank-you Bob and Carey, for your advice. Really.

Nutz: I saw you in the music store. "Hey, that's Nutz!" is what I thought to myself. Not "Hey look, the new Bon Jovi CD", no. My viewpoint is all weird now.

 
At Monday, December 12, 2005 6:31:00 PM, Blogger Coco said...

Boy, I'm glad that you had that party and not me. Hope you're feeling better.

*continues rapid blog tour*

 
At Monday, December 12, 2005 11:10:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

*smooch*
I agree with Coco. I'm glad it was you and not me having the party.

 
At Monday, December 12, 2005 11:17:00 PM, Blogger Rose said...

love you seana, and I recommend the german reisling!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

 
At Tuesday, December 13, 2005 3:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for the good party.

I miss you too!

 
At Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Wireless 26 stock trading credit cards hosting provider free pop up blocker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home