Flood I
And her hallway...
As the water come rushing in
(Like the sea)
As the water come rushing over
(Dream of the flood)
Some lyrics from an old Sisters of Mercy song. My son decided it would be fun to stuff a lot of toilet paper down the toilet and flush.DS: "Mom! Mom! Mom! Me need you!"
Me (from downstairs) : "What happened?"
DS: "The water come out and scare me!"
Me (having rushed up the stairs) : *look of horror*
Me (having assessed the damage) : *stifledgiggle* Well, it was the right choice to call me. You're a smart boy."
DS: "Yeah. The water come out and me a-scared. The water get on the floor. It get all over."
Boy, did it ever. Luckily our house is very old and most of it is on an angle. I'm actually happy that it spilled out into the hallway instead of into the linen closet. The weirdest thing is that I just mopped the bathroom floor this morning. I never mop the floor in the bathroom. I usually clean the floor around the toilet with some all-purpose cleaner a couple times a week and sweep. Today, I decided to do a full sweep and mop and look what it gets me. I had to do it twice because the water that spilled had been peed in. That'll teach me to do things properly.
How's your day been?


15 Comments:
I just did DD's nails for the first time! She is in heaven!
Lucky about the bathroom! I keep our bathroom doors closed. I don't let them in there unsupervised yet!
Yikes. I don't think I would have been quite so nice. I think DS would have had to help me clean it all up. Oh. Wait. He did. A couple years ago.
My day has been going great, I'm going to a friends house now. Hope your day gets better Seana!
You're such a nice mom.
It's all uphill from here Seana *grin*
Just like if you wash your car it rains.
*giggles*
*giggle*
Bwahahaha! When I was a kid, I stood over the drain in my mom's shower, and let the water fill up to my waist. When I was done, I opened the door...OMG! Water flooded out into the carpeted bathroom. My brother and I got every towel in the house and tried to mop it up before I told her. Thankfully, she laughed it off. *whew*
My day has been fine, much less productive than yours. *giggle*
I started to PMS half through the day. Waaaaaaaaaah. If my toilet overflows i will cry.
I had a fabulous day, I'm sorry to say. *smooch*
Computer time
Nap
Computer time
Bath
Pick up Dominic, feed him supper
Go out to dinner
Computer time
Bed.
Yep, good day. Sorry about your overflow issues.
Zombie and momma: I've never had a problem like this before. They have rules for playing in the sink and they usually follow them. This is new. The funny bit is how completely unafraid of *me* he was. The water scared him, but not my potential reaction to seeing water streaming out the door. *serious note* That's why I told him it was good that he called me. One day it's going to be a bigger thing than flooding. He's not going to be able to handle it, but he's going to be afraid of getting in trouble. I want him to feel he can come to me, you know? Obviously, we had a little chat about why he shouldn't put so much paper down the potty. :-)
Thanks, UK! Have fun at your friend's?
Hi, Schnookie! Uphill? Eek.
Thanks so much, Sonya and Bob. Really. *grin*
LOL MM! When we got the new shower stall in our house I wanted to do that. Well, not the letting the water all out part, but the filling the stall up part. You could swim in there if you could get it deep enough. Probably just as well I didn't...
Carey: all will be well. Have some iron. Or zinc.
Coco: It's OK if you got rest. You're supposed to! Glad you had a good day.
Honestly, I'm fine. I get more upset when he purposely mashes crackers into the sofa. This was an experiment gone awry.
*thinks real hard*
*shuts eyes, tries to think even harder*
*jogs*
*nope, no memory movement*
Sorry, it's been way too long since my kids were that little. I can't remember what it was like at all.
My baby is starting to developa waist and boobies. Now that's scary!
*gigglesnort*
Sorry to laugh, but that is too funny!
Oh! I feel I can laugh at you having been through it myself several times in my life. Nutzboy & Mr. Nutz still clog it up sometimes! ... now they are fully capable of cleaning it up themselves. Thank goodness!
Well if he is afraid of that water, I would recomend that you keep him away from Coco's dilated cervix.
(Have a wonderful holiday, Seana!)
Arrggghhh. I hate, hate, hate overflowing toilets. Sorry Seana. And he was a smart boy to call you.
And now that I think about it, I think that very same thing has happened to me before - more than once.
Luckily, at the moment, I don't have one that misses the toilet. But with the potty progress, I'm sure that's going to change.
Post a Comment
<< Home