I Lie
OK, so I didn't go to the store. It's windy and cold and I don't have a car. DS and I will head over to the library later, though. The library is better, because I don't have to try lugging the grocery cart and the stroller and it's not as dangerous a walk. One time, on the way to the grocery store, this van nearly ran down DD (who was only walking a few steps ahead of me and DS) while we were passing a gas station. I rarely yell at complete strangers, but boy did I yell at him. He made the "whatever" hand movement and escaped my tirade by going into the store part. Bastard.
Author review: I would like to thank Arkie for recommending the trashy romance author Katie McAlister. Her books are funny, and I like the weird demon/dragon thing. I've only read 2 of her books so far: A Hard Day's Knight and You Slay Me, but they were cute. I've had to put in a request at the library for the sequel to You Slay Me, since there is a waiting list for it. This brainrot isn't half bad. And I like the smut, even though it isn't exactly porn. :D
Book Non-Review: I have been trying to read this book about the Liberals in Canada, and failing miserably. I'm on maybe page 23 or something. That's extra sad considering several of those pages are the Table of Contents and some acknowledgments. I will read something that adds to my intellect, dammit! (Such as it is.)
******
I was interrupted just now by my son, who wanted me to put the potty seat on the potty so he could poop. Yay!!!!!! He has so far refused to poop in the potty, bringing me a pullup instead. We have never pushed the kids to use the potty. It's our thought that they'll go when they want to. So we offer choices. Maybe once a week, I ask. He never wants to. Maybe this is the beginning of not buying pullups anymore! He already asks to go without a pullup at night once or twice a week. This is another thing we don't push.
Yay!
Wait.
Wah!
My baby...no, he doesn't like to be called that, he's a big boy...is growing up!
*sob*


19 Comments:
Yeah! Your baby, I mean big boy might be on the verge of being potty trained.
*hugs*
Wow, good for DS. I didn't push the issue either, just sorta let it happen. I remember how happy we were when we no longer had to buy pull-ups. Yay!
I'm so glad you liked them! If you want, send me a PM at "the other place" with your address, and I would be glad to mail you my copies. (As long as you sent them back. I have certain books that I keep, and Katie's books fall in that category. What can I say? I'm kinda OCD about my books.)
Congratulations on both the potty milestone and the good book discovery!
Yay DS!
I'm very tired right now and can't think of anything else to say. *yawn*
Yay!! for baby boy and for you. *smooch*
Yay! How old is DS again? Anyway, that's great. I didn't really push either of my kids. I did kinda guide, but it was on their own speed.
Thanks, all! DS is 3, almost 3 1/2.
DD and I had to finally get to the grocery store, so we stopped at the dollar store too. DS now has a little car with a controller and some silly putty. DD was telling everyone that we were there to get a reward for her brother, who had pooped in the potty like a big boy. *snort*
I had a little chat with her about whether she would like people talking about her pooping schedule and then she just said her brother had done something special and was getting a reward. Why she has to say anything is beyond me.
Oh, and arkie: thanks for the offer, but I have stopped borrowing things from friends because of the whole kids/cats thing. I mean, I always replace the stuff they eat/rip/spill stuff on/pee on, etc. but I don't like to have to.
But I really appreciate the thought. *smooch*
Babysitting today. Be back after lunch.
Maybe.
Yay! for DS. LOL @ DD. That's cute.
*sigh* Just wait until you tell me your baby is going to high school. I miss them being little.
*waits for Seana to come back*
Re: DD almost run over. Do motorists run as many red lights in Canada as they do here? I have to watch VERY carefully crossing the street b/c people ALWAYS tun through the reds here. As a pedestrian, it's almost safer to disregard the lights completely.
Hey MTW! Shouldn't you be *working*? Tsk, tsk.
MTW: running reds depends on the length of the red, I've noticed. The lights in this city are timed, so if you do a steady 50kph, you can get all the way from one end of town to the other without stopping. There are always idiots, though.
It's not running already red lights that seems to be the problem so much as people trying to squeeze through the intersection before the red. You get 4 people trying to turn left on the yellow and another 4 people in oncoming traffic trying to get through before the yellow goes to red. I forget what they call that.
In Toronto, they're cracking down on that stuff. Bigger fines and photo radar at intersections. There was an ad campaign about running reds, too.
But this guy I shrieked at was just turning into the gas station while we were walking on the sidewalk.
In other news, I am dead beat tired.
That's ok, Seana. I'm wondering, though, would it be the cats or the kids that might pee on the book? *grin* But seriously, I would not expect you to replace the books.
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »
This is very interesting site... Sebring bmw r1150r exhaust Dr.hauschka skin care Multi trip travel insurence panama programming make money 3000 pounds commercial grade ice makers Teen micro pussy fire alarms north east Business marketing internet affiliate online promotion Minocycline acne medicine alumni metal license plate frames california England mbna online payment Cable internet service providers in san diego Liposuction cost in michigan http://www.proactivsolution4.info/Used_proactiv_work_you_long_take_start_working.html protonix side affects
Post a Comment
<< Home