Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Barf Warning

Ah! It's Tuesday already! I have too much to do. We're gearing up for DD's birthday party on Saturday. She will be 7. We have to give out invitations today. We were supposed to do it yesterday, but she was up barfing the night before and threw up a couple times yesterday too. She says she doesn't feel well this morning, either. If we don't send invites today, fewer people will be able to come.

Of course, last year, only one girl showed up, even though I has RSVPs from at least 2 others. That bugged me. Contrast that with a couple years ago, when all the kids we invited came, and all their mothers stayed for coffee and nibblies. Actually, that was pretty fun.

*****

DD is sick. She barfed up her pre-breakfast milk. I've been to the school to get her some homework and deliver invitations. You know, boys are still like I remember them. Rowdy. Any guys want to tell me what so much fun about bugging the girls? Seriously. WTH?

RE: Party I was going to make a fancy cake, but now it appears that not only will the cake be fancy, it will be very large. Just a nice white thing with pink trim, 2 layers. And a big number 7 candle on top. No sprinkles! That's very important.

Now, I have to run because apparently my husband wants to use the computer. You'd think he'd go get some sleep.

25 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:19:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

Has there been something wrong with Blogger for the last couple days? Publishing has been really slow and I haven't been able to access everyone's blog.

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:45:00 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

It has been really slow for me too. I had to come to yours several times before I could comment.

Anyway, hope DD gets feeling better. I'm sure the party will be wonderful and the cake sounds yummy.

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:45:00 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:46:00 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

If it isn't slow it duplicates. That is why there is a comment deleted.

*giggles*

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:55:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

Please post pictures of that cake! Sound delicious!

What games will we be playing at the party?

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 10:08:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oh {{{hugs}}} for Seanagirl!

Hope she's feeling better before the party! Let us know how it goes.

I could not get into blogger at all yesterday! You would've thought I had my right arm cut off!

Missed you guys! *smooches*

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Coco said...

I'm sorry she's sick. Barfing is my least favourite thing in the world.

Good luck getting everything done today. *smooch*

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Coco said...

Oh, and would you proofread my paper if you get some free time?

*ducks and runs*

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 11:19:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

Hey would you believe I just had dog barf on the carpet? Must b ecatching.

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 11:39:00 AM, Blogger mtw said...

Aaaarrrrrggh!

I didn't heed your barf warning and now I regret it. :( Sorry to hear about DD. Hope she feels better soon. You reinforced my point that boys are evil until proven otherwise!

And what's up with the cake. No sprinkles? WTH?

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 12:24:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Thanks for the good thoughts, all!

Coco: I'll proofread if you empty the bucket. :D

Sorry about your carpet, Zombie.

Sonya: Glad you could make it!

*smooch* to Nutz.

MTW: I picked a cake out of a catalogue. Having some small skill (I took a couple courses), I planned on making a 2-tier birthday cake that was decorated with sprinkles and coloured sugar. She decided she wanted it to be decorated with icing, and lots of it. Last year's cake was covered with roses (grief, that took ages) so everyone could have one.

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

If your daughter doesn't like the cake, you can send it to me!

Bob < ----- loves pity bakng.

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 12:45:00 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

And if Bob can't handle all of it, I'll take part of it.

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 2:05:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

AAAAHHHHH!

They're screaming and jumping on each other, and have been for some time.

I don't care if she's well or not, she's going back to school tomorrow. I can't take it anymore. I can't even march their little butts down to the park because she actually is sick.

Oh, and it's blipping cold out, and windy enough to rattle my windows. ARGH!

Shoot me.

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 2:06:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

No, nevermind. I'm fine. Everything's fine.

Fine.

Really.

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 2:34:00 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Seana,

Are you trying to convince yourself everything is fine or convince us?

(not sure how to spell convince...why doesn't comments have spell check?)

*hugs*

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 3:05:00 PM, Blogger Coco said...

Er, nevermind. I don't do barf buckets.

Just remember, some animals eat their young.

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 4:16:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

*BANG!*

Wait, what? Oops...

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 5:03:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

LOL MM!



*coughcoughtriggerhappylunaticcoughcough*

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 8:21:00 AM, Blogger volsfan said...

Hope DD is feeling better today. The party sounds fun and enjoy the cake as well.

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

Lots of barfing last night.

She's home again today. Yay!

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:57:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

Poor girl! And poor mom too! Hope she feels better soon, for both your sakes.

*distant smooches*

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 11:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you need more girls to come to the party, I'd be happy to.

Sorry SeanaGirl is sick. Sick kids suck! Hope she's feeling better soon.

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 2:00:00 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Is she doing any better?

*hugs*

 
At Saturday, March 03, 2007 3:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Pvr with hard drive latino slut wife Saunas mistes nice Fantacy cars sample bill for tax services

 

Post a Comment

<< Home