Now You Don't
My Beautiful Big Girl is 7 today.
Let me tell you about the day she was born. I love labour stories. They're sometimes dramatic, often funny and always interesting.
My daughter was born on December 9, 1998 at 7:21 a.m. She weighed 7lbs, 15oz.
My appointment with my OBGYN was the afternoon of the 8th. My due date was the 9th, so I got treated to an internal. Oh, joy. I was 1cm dilated. Yay! But that didn't mean I'd be having the baby right away, said the doctor. I held on to hope, because I was sick of being pregnant. :-)
I had a contraction later that evening, maybe around 7:00 p.m. I couldn't remember when to go to the hospital. I waited until 10:00 p.m. The contractions weren't very close together or anything, but they were getting longer. I called DH to come home from work. He made a very big show of calming me down, because apparently *I* was panicky. ;-)
We spent 7 hours in the hospital. I should have waited. Oh well, first-timer, what did I know? My cousin was the other person allowed in the delivery room, so she and DH took turns watching me try to breathe. My sister showed up a bit later, too. That was pretty cool, because I hadn't realised that she cared. I didn't take the epidural, because the idea of a needle in the spine freaks me out. I did get a shot of Nubaine. We tried the whilrpool tub thing, but that didn't work for me. I also sucked on nitrous oxide for 1.5 hours of hard labour, having been told not to push while we waited for my doctor to be called in, because the doctor on staff that night was too busy. Enter doctor.
Dr: "Do I have time to change into scrubs?"
Me: *pitiful look*
Cousin (firmly) : "No, you do not."
She's funny. DH was watching down with the doctor, cousin and a nurse were holding my hands. The nurse says I can see the head, if I look. "I don't *want* to look!" I told her, with a withering glare. Oh, the crowning hurts like hell, doesn't it? And then it was over. But I couldn't see my baby. Its arrival wasn't accompanied by the statement "It's a *gender*!" like on TV. DH was watching, engrossed in whatever the doctor was doing, the nurse let me lay back down, cousin was looking, as was sister. And no-one was telling me who was there. Well? Well? DH and cousin deny saying it, but from somewhere, I heard "Hello, *DD's name*" and that's how I knew it was a girl. Then they put her on my chest and I fell in love.
DH watched avidly as the doc sewed me up - 15 stitches. I was a big sissy about that. I could see the needle come way up and then go down... My legs were shaking like crazy. My sister was crying. She and my cousin still brag about holding DD when she was so new. I looked like hell. But she was so beautiful.
*****
A couple extra pics. The first is me with DD at Christmas last year and the second is me with DS in June. I have since cut his hair.
I wish I had a better pic of me. I tried to make them not grainy, but oh well.
Editted to take out pictures.


15 Comments:
DD is gorgeous! So is DM!
*swoon* *thud*
DH didn't see that, did he?
Oh my heavens! You have beautiful kids! ...and you are gorgeous!
Happy Birthday to the darling Seanagirl!
Thank you so much for sharing the pics!
Happy Birthday Seanagirl!! *smooch*
Welcome, Cyg!
Thank-you Nutz and Breezy!
*smooches*
Happy birthday Seanagirl!
Wow, Seana, your children are so beautiful and you are GORGEOUS! *wolf whistle*
Thanks for sharing your story and pics with us.
Happy Birthday! She is beautiful just like her pround mommy.
*hugs*
Wish your daughter Happy Birthday for me. Sagittarians rock! *grin*
Beautiful kiddos, beautiful Mom.
Awww! Finally got to see you! You are beautiful, and your kids are adorable, too.
Loved the story. Almost makes me want to share mine. *sniff*
Thank-you Schnookie, Sonya, Lights and MM.
Ya'll made me blush.
Over and over.
I figured after a year, maybe you'd like to put a face to the name.
And of course DD is too cute not to share. Same for DS. It's not his birthday, but he deserves some recognition.
*smooches* to all
DAMMIT. I've never seen Seana and I missed the pictures. :(
Happy Birthday to DD! And congrats to Seana for surviving yet another year :)
Yay!! Happy Birthday to Seanagirl. *smooches*
Wahhhh, I missed your pictures. But I loved your beautiful story about your daughter's birth. Some things we never forget. *Smooch*
I too missed the pics. :(
Happy Belated Birthday SeanaGirl!!! Sorry, I haven't been around much.
I love to hear birth stories too, even though my own was not a good story. So it's nice to read about good ones.
I was a little skeered of the epidural too, but at that point, I would have been grateful to have a frying pan upside the head.
Oh, and one word: Keggles!!!
No rips, no tears, no stiches.
Well, he was a little guy too.
Where did you find it? Interesting read how to install drum humidifier Boating electric trolling motors Using your 401k to start a business Infiniti g20 part Ball cash keno online play red Psp paintball buy meridia wilmington brokerage maternity clothes deliver next day Vinyl card jacket Beautiful female butts beautiful butt Printing digital photographs professional quality vancouver Home mortgage refinancing tennessee64 Bonds mature savings
Post a Comment
<< Home