Sunday, November 20, 2005

Summer Memory

I was glancing over some old Word files and found the diary I kept in August. Since it has been very cold and windy for the last week (except today, oddly) I thought this might be a good time to remember why summer isn't always so great.

Scene from a Beach

Friday, August 05, 2005

I took the kids to the beach today. The water is not as clear on the Burl. side as it is on the Ham. side. Go figure. Also, you can smell the wastewater treatment plant, which is kinda icky and there is a fishier smell for some reason. Oh, and it’s really really cold. Why would it be so much colder on that side of the lift bridge? The end result is that we will stick to the Ham. side from now on.

So we played in the sand and waded out into the water – not far, though. It really was so cold that it made my feet hurt. DD went out as far as she could. We made some hand signals so I wouldn’t have to yell at her to get her to come back.

She starts swimming lessons on Tuesday. I hope she will enjoy them. I think she is ready now, which is nice. I will find her some earplugs. I should do that soon.

Anyway, so there we are at the beach. DD is wading, DS and I are digging and a gentleman approaches wearing a Speedo. I don’t really approve of Speedos, even on hot guys, so the 50ish and no-so-fit-but-not-too-fat man walking towards us does not get a thumbs up from me. Some time later, the man returns, I see him pass by us. I look up and see his ass. He has pulled his swimsuit up his butt – maybe to get a better tan? Who knows. The point is, he’s pretty much wearing a thong and I’m pretty sure that’s illegal. If it isn’t, it should be. Ew.

Also making her way up and down the beach is a creature made almost entirely of leather. She seems to be in her mid-50’s. Her skin is very dark, but not smooth. Leathery. She is pierced: lip, nose, belly button; her bleach-blonde hair is no more than 1/4 inch long. She has no “ass”, per se, just two wrinkly bags hanging out the sides of her bikini botton…and flapping. Ew.

*****

Hope you all got a nice visual, there. Those two images will haunt me forever, I tell you. Anyway, here is an arial picture of the Beach Strip:



The dark water is the shipping lane. You can't see it very well, but on the right at the top are the steel mills.

15 Comments:

At Sunday, November 20, 2005 9:33:00 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

*takes off thong*
*applies fake tan*
Whew, I feel better.

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 3:14:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

Ewwww! I *did* get a visual, thankyouverymuch! (not you, Carey, you look fine)

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 7:24:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Ewwww! Now I shall be feeling ill all day.

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 9:55:00 AM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Guess what I'm wearing right now!

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 10:01:00 AM, Blogger momma said...

Thank you for sharing.

Really. You could have kept that to yourself.

Thanks.

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 6:05:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

Thanks a lot for the visual. I've had to visit places on the "banned list" to get them out of my mind.

And the photo? Looks more like a Helvetica photo than an arial photo.
*wink*

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 7:16:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

I have been unable to paly all day. *pout*

Wowza. Carey is naked from the waist down! *wolf whistle*

skeerydeadguy: are you trying to bring controversy to my blog? I don't ususally post quizzes.

HD: Lemme guess: sheepskin speedo?

Sorry to everyone whose lunch was less appetising today. :-)

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 7:22:00 PM, Blogger Coco said...

Lunch? what's that?

(I think kids driving one crazy is contagious. Guess how my day was?)

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 11:07:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

I'm so sorry Coco. They're usually good kids. I can't complain that they're stupid, mean-spirited or deliberately destructive, but some days they just go nutz.

I really do love them lots and lots.

Sorry you had to endure the whole denture guy performance.

 
At Tuesday, November 22, 2005 11:51:00 AM, Blogger lights said...

Accckkk! Brings back memories of the speedos in the buffet line in Mexico this spring!

I think I've been to that scary place Seana! We had a friend that lived in Burlington years ago and spent a lot of weekends there visiting. I love going over the Skyway! Especially with people who are afraid of bridges. *evil grin*

 
At Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:32:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

They have a 'Skyway' in St. Catharines, too, but the view isn't as cool. On a clear day, you can see all the way to Toronto (i.e. the CN Tower).

 
At Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
Kia financial service Research on prescription drug called meridia use for wellbutrin Accounting gcse distance learning Rocking dreams crib mattresses forex news Running boards 2003 kia sedona Kia teanne

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Survivor themed t-shirts 80's jean jacket no sleeves Indian blanket coats Ms antispam download

 
At Tuesday, March 06, 2007 8:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Vitamines h b6 answering machine grettings Car insurance compare groups new hampshire celebrex claims Unique golf gifts barcode reader new Skatepark insurance Bentley luggage gifts Sony dcr trv80 camcorder Serial new star soccer 3 Lexus t-shirts indian wells tennis 2006 Levaquin gonorrhea treatment Laser picture removal tattoo Search engine optimization charleroi porsche review turbo &aposonline shopping via phone bill&apos Lamictal benefits electronic cash register with barcode scanner Intertrigo cellulitis

 
At Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home