Wired
Although my husband no longer works as a truck driver, he has decided to keep his commercial license. Because he had a heart attack in 2000, this means that once a year, he has to get a monitor for 24 hours. The monitor keeps track of his heart rate. It is attached to him by numerous wires. Poor bastard. The wires are really intrusive. He can't take them off, so he can't take a shower and he has to wear a belt all the time to have something to attach the monitor itself to.
In order to attach the wires, they shave off some of his chest chair and stick on little patches. Then, of course, they rub the area with sandpaper. Ow. DH is a hairy guy. His chest looks pretty odd until the hair grows back. I understand it gets itchy.
In any event, he looks like a Borg now. He has to mark down whenever his heart rate goes up or down, so that they can compare it to the monitor to decide, I guess, whether or not he's healthy.
Perhaps I will clean him tonight and try to make his heart rate go up so he'll have to mark it in his little journal.
I let him read this. He says it doesn't matter what I write. But he wants to know how long until I get a comment. Hee hee.


15 Comments:
Get his heart rate up? I have no idea what you are talking about. We only talk about knitting and children and baking around here. You know, women talk. *grin*
This is your blog, right? mm didn't steal your password, did she?
*waves to Mr. Seana*
*waves to Seana and the Borg* :D
I think you should also make the Borg a really nice dinner and a back rub.
Hey Borg guy! I like your wife. She has flair!
*whacks Momma*
Poor DH. Take good care of him Seana, and report everything back here, later. ;-)
Heehee.
I read him your comments. I'm not sure he understood - he just got off the night shift and was trying to stay awake so he'd be able to sleep tonight. However, he is snoring away quite happily right now (He would say: I do not snore!).
At this rate, there won't be much to report :-(
I think Borg are hot *grin*
*waves*
Awww, man! I missed Mr. Borg? Ummm, I mean Mr Seana???
*waves* to Mr. Seana anyway!
Psssst, don't tell him about the weinermobile, mmm kkk? Remember, it's a secret! *wink*
*smooch*
knitting and cooking
cooking and knitting
*poot*
{hugs} to you and itchy hubby.
So, how did it turn out?
He's free! 24 hours goes by pretty quick...well, unless you're covered with electrodes.
The kids helped him peel off the sticky patches this morning. There are 5 big red almost-hickey marks on his chest. He was so relieved.
Unfortunately, no fun for me last night. He pretty much went to bed after dinner. Oh well, maybe next year. *evil grin*
The best part? When he announced that he would have to take the equipment back today, the kids announced they were going too! Yay! I'm staying home! All by myself! With the peace and the quiet! *insane cackling giggle*
I'm glad he is taking care of it and getting checked out. My dad had his first heart attach at 32 and passed at 42. So, this condition really worries me.
*hugs*
I'm sorry to hear that, Sonya. DH was, in fact, just short of his 33rd birthday when he had his.
It gives us some comfort that he is much healthier now, eating properly, getting exercise and resting. He takes his pills regularly, no skipping as some do. After the original week in the hospital with no smoking, he didn't start again...as some do.
I'm very proud of the adjustments he's made, especially the diet, because he is a picky bastard. :-)
FTR, he has a "dead spot" at the bottom tip of his heart, which is why he's still on coumadin (= wafarin = rat poison), which is why he has to take Zantac - to keep his stomach lining from being eaten away by the coumadin. I hate that stuff, but it's supposed to keep the blood from pooling in the spot that doesn't work.
See, like momma, I was thinking mm had been here too.
Good Work, Mr. Seana!
I teach first aid/cpr to the construction industry, and one of the focus points is talking about taking care of the body in order to take care of the heart.
Since he's safe, can you accelerate the heart rate now?
Post a Comment
<< Home