Won't Be Around Much
Tuesday is a busy day for me. It's the last day of DS's storytime program at the library. It's major cleaning day. (I like to concentrate most of my cleaning into 2 days, so that other days will be open for other things.) DH will be working some overtime. Then I go over to my cousin's to watch TAR and play Scrabble. Ooo...I actually beat her last time! I'm so proud. And? I did it all by myself, she didn't help me at all. And? Sometimes, I help her now. I'm so pleased to be getting better. Sometimes I feel like my best words are "cat" and "dog". Well, one time I had "fuck", which is a word! And I put it on a triple. That's a lotta fuck-ing points.
I will make sauerbraten for dinner. The longer it simmers, the better it is. I usually cook it in the oven, but maybe I'll haul out the crockpot.
Sauerbraten, the way I make it and not the stupid way all the cookbooks tell you to make it:
- 1 round steak
- some onion, sliced in rounds or chopped or whatever, your choice - just not minced
- 3 cups beef broth or bouillon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons red wine vingear
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground or minced
- bay leaves - 3 or 4 if large, more if smaller
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make bouillon according to package directions.
- Stir in brown sugar, vinegar and ginger.
- Cube round steak and fry until browned.
- Remove from frypan and place in oven-safe casserole dish.
- Add onions.
- Pour in bouillon mix and stir.
- Add bay leaves.
- Bake, covered for oh, let's say half an hour...until the broth is really bubbling.
- Turn oven down to 300 and cook until you can poke the meat and it falls apart, at least 2 more hours.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Serve over noodles or boiled or mashed potatoes.
Yum.


12 Comments:
Good going on the Scabble! I lvoe that game. Tuesday will be busy for me, too. :(
Your recipe sounds delish!
*smooches* See you more on Wednesday?
Have a lovely day!
I'll miss you.
*smooch*
I want some please. :)
*smooch*
You mean you have one of those things called a life? How dare you.
Enjoy. *smooch*
That sounds soooooooooooo yummy Seanna.
Oooh, that sounds good. I'll have to keep that in the file.
OK, because I'm totally inept in the kitchen (except for cakes, brownies & cookies), on the round steak. Since step 4 says cube the round steak, is there any reason I shouldn't buy cube steak instead? (Plus, I'm not sure I would know *how* to cube the steak.) And how many pounds of round steak? 1? 2? I'm sorry, I really have to have these things spelled out for me.
Oh, arkie, yer so cute.
OK, "cube" just means cut it into squares. I like them to be small enough to be bite-size, but my mother made the pieces bigger.
I usually just buy a round steak with the bone out, maybe 1/2 an inch thick. I didn't think how to ask for one that wasn't already sliced and in a package.
You could use any steak you wanted to, but I'd pick something with less fat, because I think the fatty pieces are icky. Enough to feed a couple people.
I'm so sorry. I'm not a very precise cook.
Oh, you can tailor the other stuff to meet your needs
1 cup broth : 1 Tablespoon b. sugar : 2 Tablespoons vinegar
is the ratio. So if you use 5 cups of broth, then it's 5T b sugar, 10 T vinegar.
And that's EGG noodles, not pasta.
OK, thanks!
*smooch*
best regards, nice info allergy buyers club http://www.wisconsinfurniturestores.info/seagrass_and_banana_leaf_furniture.html Princeton web design fence gate opener
Excellent, love it! Oregon health plan organ transplant Computer battery back up system http://www.latina-2.info/naked-babes-cars.html room air cleaners without filters web site traffic promotion aland islands Labjack plotter cheap tramadol Mobile california merchant account Library chest furniture slide Software developers for pdas
Looking for information and found it at this great site... Drug mart bextra Surveillance law Phendimetrazine slimming medication Central michagan football Baltimore top laser eye surgeons Consolidation debt new program york Ford cruise control recall slots Free upskirt shots Roy trivett divorce from sylvia trivett dirty stories patents sex toys Milan brand wrist watch Great money making biz Canon mini dvd camcorders
Post a Comment
<< Home