EEEeeee(k)!
Knife of Dreams
EEEEEEeeeeee!
Wheel of Time, Book 11 is here in my hot little hands!
I'm so happy. I was #4 on the list at the library. I have, in the past, been #1 on the waiting list. By contrast, I've been #461 on the list to get the latest Harry Potter book, because I don't read them and am just signing them out for my cousin to read. Really, get a card, I tell her, but no, she'd rather I did this for her.
It's still my favourite series of the big ones. Though I do enjoy Song of Ice and Fire, I was kind of annoyed at the lengths to which the author will go to hurt Tyrion. Did he really have to lose half his face? More to the point, isn't it kind of out of character for his father to take a whore to bed? That's just sticking another knife in for no good reason. And I hope Sandor isn't dead, because I kind of like him.
OK, so Wheel of Time. Yay! I'm going to be reading that to the exclusion of all else for the next couple days.
I am a pitiful addict.
*****
Lotsa Wind
We had a horrendous rainstorm this afternoon. Thunder and lightning, the whole thing. I was dismayed, because DH has the car, and DD has swimming lessons on Wednesday. The storm came up really quickly around 3:45 and lasted until maybe 4:15, ending quite suddenly. Then the sun came out. Good, I thought, because lessons start at 4:30. We walked to the pool, which is 10 minutes away, if you're walking. The streets were rivers, and intersections were lakes. Really, in some places the water went up onto the sidewalk. Now I feel kinda ookie, because I know this:
link deleted
One of these areas is very very near me. I walk there, on occasion. It takes about 20 minutes - half an hour, but I consider it "within walking distance". So eek.
Oh, and it's really windy right now. It's going to get worse tomorrow, apparently. Goody.


15 Comments:
I've never read the books nor seen the HP movies.
Glad you like the storms, I do too. But that is scary that you went out during that time. You need to be more careful!
(ever notice that I'm usually first here?)
Eeek is right on the tornado! You could've been blown away!
Glad you weren't.
I hate wind more than anything. Rain is fine, snow is fine, but wind just sucks butt.
Stay safe. *smooch*
I have no idea what that book series is but I'm glad you finally got your copy. Happy reading!
Thank goodness you are safe. You should listen to the news during a really bad storm for any warnings. [/nagging voice]
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
That was me. Sorry.
Glad you're safe and I'm glad you're excited about the book. I have no idea what the book is but if it makes you happy, it can't be that bad. (Hey, that's a song.)
if it makes you happyyyyyyyyy, it can't be that baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
LOL Glow sang in my blog.
Thank-you all for your thoughts. I did notice MM was always first here. Maybe the times I have available for posting and the times she has available for reading coincide nicely?
The weather isn't anything like they said it would be. It's sunny, and crisp. There's wind, but not like the wind that knocked so many trees in the backyards over last night. We're pretty lucky that the tree in the neighbours' yard didn't blow onto our shed again. That tree is a disaster waiting to happen. I wish the owner would just get rid of it, instead of cutting up the branches that fall off. We deal with the people who live there, who are very nice and who helped us the last time. Stoobid tree.
Wheel of Time, huh? Is that one of those series that you HAVE to read in order for it to make sense, or can you just pick up at any point?
I'm disappointed that Tyrion is not in the newest book.
I missed Schnookie nagging me. And I don't even have a banana! :D
Arkie: there are supposed to be 12 books in the series in all. No, you can't really pick it up in the middle. I spoke once with someone who started at Book 5 and was very confused. Poor guy.
HD: No Tyrion? Dagnabit. I keep wondering if he'll run into Arya. Or Dany.
I've not heard of these books either. I really wish I had more time to read.
*sighs*
I used to like storms, but now they skeer me.
eeeekkk! Color me jealous.
I preordered it, but my card is maxed out, so alas; they won't ship.
Stoopid bills, I tell ya'.
I'm currently trudging through:
The Witch of Cologne by Tobsha Learner.
17th Century Jewish midwife accused of witchcraft by the Catholic church.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0765314304/102-5858723-8978535?v=glance&n=283155
I recommend it.
I have so many books on the go, but I will make note of your recommendation, Rose. Thanks!
I haven't even started my brainrot book. It will be my first.
You could just go to the liberry, couldn't you? Or are you stuck at home? Sometimes I like living in the city. I can walk to the library or the grocery store or whatever, so I don't need the car.
Seedling and I go to the library every Tuesday for story hour. Next week I'll get on the list I spose.
*pout*
I want my own!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home