Saturday, November 05, 2005

Kablooie!

It's Guy Fawkes Day!

Some English history for you all.
http://www.bonefire.org/guy/

Please do remember
the 5th of November
Gunpowder treason and plot
We see no reason
why gunpowder treason
should ever be forgot

On November 5th, 1605, a group of young Catholics attempted to blow up the British Parliment, and with it the King and the Prince of Wales. Their leader was Robert Catesby, but it is Guy Fawkes whose name is associated with the Gunpowder Plot. Fawkes was caught in the cellar of the Parliment Buildings with the kegs of gunpowder that they were going to ignite in order to achieve their goal of getting rid of a government hostile to Catholics.

The British apparently remember this by shooting off fireworks. Kids run around begging, saying "A penny for the Guy".

I learned this by reading "Murder in the Mews" by Agatha Christie when I was a lot younger.


So, in honour of the day, I would like to blow up:
  • the idiot next door. Stupid fat lazy pointless waste of space.
  • the flabby folds on my belly.
  • fleas and lice. Recently had to deal with both. I hate them so. much.
  • the cat that keeps shitting in my yard and pissing on my car.
  • the tax assessor who thinks my house is worth $20,000 more than it is.
  • Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo.
  • Brussels sprouts.
  • the nasty little black hairs that have decided to grow on my face. I hate having to tweeze the damn things.

*****

I was kind of enjoying this little rant I had going here. Then DH came in with our thank-you present, which was in the mailbox. We live very close to a stadium and if you call in advance, we'll let you park in our driveway for free. Parking is a bitch around here on game days. A friend of a friend has been parking here all season. He left a box of mint meltaways chocolates for us. Oh my. They are so. good. I wish DH didn't like them. I've already eaten 2. I guess I have no right to complain about my flab.

Editted to say: Hey, DH says he doesn't like this kind! Woo! Now I just have to hide them from DD, who ate at least half the ones I got for Christmas last year. Oh, and the niceness of the gesture was not lost on me. I will send a thank-you via the friend. When we say "free", we mean "free" and we don't expect anything.

11 Comments:

At Saturday, November 05, 2005 4:18:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

I'm abnormal in that I don't like the mint chocolate thing. I do, however, like the idea of blowing things up. I'd like to blow up my neighbors, who always want my coupons but have never invited us over to one of their big parties.
Pfft! I'll keep my coupons, tyvm!

 
At Saturday, November 05, 2005 4:29:00 AM, Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Some peeps I wanna blow up, others I just wanna blow ;-) LOL

I do hate those little whiskers, I get them too!

*waves* to MM

*smooches* to you both

 
At Saturday, November 05, 2005 7:20:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

OMG! I have those hairs too. One that grows on my left jawline and one that grows on my chinny chin chin. I'll be blowing them up too.

I would also like to blow up my bitchy, lazy, good for nothing, pot smoking neighbor! She irks me.

I think I will also blow up all the WalMarts, just for shits and giggles.

Yay for mint meltaways that you don't have to share!

 
At Saturday, November 05, 2005 8:39:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

Seana! Do you have hairy toes?

 
At Saturday, November 05, 2005 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

Oh YAY, we're blowing up things!!!

America West for not giving an inch when it came to changing my flight plans around my Dad's heart surgery.

The hospital that pushed back my Dad's surgery by two days.

My loud neighbors who find it appropriate to load their truck every Sat. and Sun. mornings at 7am. and wake up the entire neighborhood.

The flab on my belly and my second chin.

 
At Saturday, November 05, 2005 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

Oh, and the zit that has suddenly appeared in the crease between my nose and cheek. It hurts and is hard to get to.

 
At Saturday, November 05, 2005 2:06:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

MM: I've always assumed that I'm abnormal for liking mint chocolate. :D They want your coupons? How odd.

*smooches* back atcha, Chrissy!

Nutz: my loser neighbour smokes pot, too! And then vomits off the porch into the narrow space between our houses.

Zombie: what should I find if I googled "hairy toes"?

Carey: that's too bad about the flights and the surgery. And the zit. I hate it when they get in weird places.

 
At Saturday, November 05, 2005 8:56:00 PM, Blogger Coco said...

I would blow up our new neighbours. Something tells me they're no better than the old ones, and that is not good.

I would have blown up the university idiot, but it has been done for me *gloat*

I also would have blown up Eric, for about three minutes this morning, but he has seen the error of his ways.

 
At Saturday, November 05, 2005 10:07:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

She wants my coupons from Michael's and Joanne's fabric/craft stores to buy yarn so she can make everyone (but me) scarves and stuff.

 
At Saturday, November 05, 2005 10:16:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Well pfft to her then. Some people ain't got no damn class.

*scratches pits*

 
At Sunday, November 06, 2005 5:07:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

Yeah, I don't know what her problem is. They even invited the new neighbors to one of their parties but DH, who they've known for 30 years, they never invite. Guess they don't like us. Sheesh...just because I almost got the husband arrested one time...it's like they can't get past it. Whatever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home