New Living Room
We went to my mom's to get the couch today. Now it is in our living room. DD's old loveseat is in her room, because she got so teary-eyed at the thought of throwing it out, that we just couldn't do that to her. She is all happy that she has a living room in her bedroom now.
I am not as strong as I thought I was. I mean, I'm pretty strong. I can carry DD up to bed when she falls asleep in the car or on the couch. I carry DS around on my back all the time. (Mommy? You hee-haw me?) However, I had a hard time being DH's helper moving the big couch from Mom's to the van, and from the van into the house and DD's couch up the stairs to her room. I feel like I need to start lifting weights or something.
My DH kicks ass when it comes to moving furniture. He can get nearly any couch into nearly any room. He used to drive for a furniture company, doing deliveries to houses, so he has a lot of experience. In addition to being a genius with moving furniture, he can pack a car or a van or a truck so perfectly, that no space is wasted. He's a handy guy to have around. Even my mother made a comment about that.
I cut my finger on a screw or something on the bottom of the couch. It's not a big gash, but it made my hand shake. The cut is on the same finger I burnt on the frying pan this morning, the same finger that has a chunk out of it. I'm not sure what happened there. Poor finger.
My husband is at fault for me burning my finger, though. He complimented me on my omelette-flipping technique and I got flustered. The truth is, I always wreck them if I try to flip them with a spatula, so I wiggle the omelette around a bit and the jerk the pan up and back really quickly, and it flips right over. I do the same with crepes, but I guess he's never watched me do it before. Actually, after all these years, I'm glad I can still impress him occasionally, even if it's just how I make his food.
Speaking of food, I'm going to go whip up some snacks for the family.
*smooches* to all!


9 Comments:
I'm thinking I should just call you Martha. You make crepes? You're "whipping up some snacks"? Sheesh. My poor family.
Sorry about the finger. I think it's just as cute that you got flustered by DH's comment as it is that he was impressed by you.
And look! I'm first, again. *grin*
Poor finger. Perhpas we should just cut it off. :)
I have a loveseat in our computer room that I love. It's so comfy. It really doesn't go with anything anymore, but I can't seem to part with it.
I'm not a good omelette flipper either. I used to actually use two pans. And I would make round omelettes. I've gotten better over the years, but I have not mastered it yet.
And crepes? I've never tried do make those. Very fancy you are.
LOL @ MM. Please, please please...not "Martha". And you know, it's not like DH and I never say anything nice to each other...
We had a late breakfast and no lunch, so I had to make something or they'd all be annoying me, opening the fridge and cupboards saying "I'm hungry". Whiners. :D
And thank-you boohoo, for wanting to cut off my finger. (Right here, I really want to make a joke along the lines of "which finger am I showing you now", but I don't want you to be offended.)
I don't make crepes that often, but they're just pancakes without the baking powder. I use a non-stick pan - no special crepe pan or anything. Then you just put on canned peaches and icing sugar or applesauce or something. Easy, I tell you. I'd really like to make the savoury kind, with ham and mushrooms or something, like we used to order at that place in Old Québec City. The service was terrible, but the Crèpes sarrasins were fantasteek.
Are you talking about the one on St-Jean that's always so friggin' crowded that it takes about 45 minutes for your food to arrive even if it's just a crèpe with ham?
Mmm.. tasty.
My mom used to make them a lot; she'd use the blender to make the batter and a well-seasoned cast-iron pan to cook them. We always spread them with butter, brown sugar, and fresh lemon juice, then rolled them up.
Hmm.. maybe I'll make some tomorrow.
See? I tell you those Canadians are very talented. They have skills that us here in the US never even learn. Maybe it comes from having to trap furs and stuff in the winter.
I bet they all can snowshoe too.
Canadians=flair
Coco: It is (or was, it's been a long time) called "Café au petit coin latin". I'm afraid I don't know street names very well. It's not far from Place d'Youville. We were there during the Festivale d'été and listened to a concert from the back patio, which is covered by grape vines. Very, very cool. And their tarte au sirop d'érable is to die for.
Zombie: You crack me up. Ah! I'm worried about being rude and I don't want to make the standard joke about my dogsled or the summer igloo...
Okay. It's official. Canadians are much more sophisticated than us plain ol' Americans.
Sorry about your booboo.
I can never get omellettes cooked right. They always fall apart. You are talented!
I also get flustered when DH gives me a compliment.
I suggest cutting off that finger. It appears to be accident prone.
Post a Comment
<< Home