Wind
1. The weather guy says the severe wind warning has been lifted from my city. However, I can hear a lot of wind. Every bit as much wind as there was this morning, while there was a warning. DS saw a delivery person put a bag of fliers on our railing and went out onto the porch to get it, because he likes to do that and I don't mind, as long as he asks first. As soon as he got out the door, a HUGE gust of wind came down the street and practically blew him into the railing. He was so skeered, he needed a snuggle. Poor little guy.
I had to chase the recycling bin down the street twice before I hit on the brilliant idea of sticking a couple skewers into the grass to keep the bin on our property without flipping over. I'm pretty proud of that, actually.
It's -3 (Um, maybe 30 F?) degrees. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow. I'm so glad we got the kids snow suits last weekend, even though it was 16 (Um, 70-ish, maybe?) degrees.
2. I hate it when DH is on nights. The bed is all empty. And quiet. Last summer, when he was still driving tractor-trailer, he did a run to way far away (Rouyn-Noranda, PQ) and was gone overnight once a week for several weeks. That sucked too. (See, skeerydeadguy? No man-hating here.)
3. I have a package of phyllo pastry in the freezer and I don't know why I bought it or what I'm going to do with it.
Editted to add temperature notes and phyllo FAQ:
http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking/flavorprofiles/phyllo.html
I love spanakopita. It's phyllo-wrapped feta and spinach with dill. OMH, it's so good.


9 Comments:
That is crazy cold. I always have a blanket around me and we are in the 60s-70s here. Brrr...
What the heck is Phyllo?
Oh, and good job on the skewers. You're super smart. Must be from those "lessons" that guy was giving you. ;-)
{{{hugs}}} for DS.
Ditto what MM said on the skewer thing.
Hmmmm, phyllo? Just fill it with cream! make cream puffs. ...or Napoleans, I LOVE Napoleans!
This is when I am happy living in California. 16 degrees is unheard of here. *smooch*
MM: first off, *WHACK*
Phyllo is a very thin pastry. I understand it's difficult to work with because you don't want it to dry out, but you have to leave it in close reach whole you're working.
Additionally, I live in Canada and usually have no idea what the temperature is in Fahrenheit. Under 32, anyway. 0 is 'freezing'.
Nutz: got a good recipe for Napoleans (mille-feuille)? Maybe a vanilla pudding from scratch for the big middle layer, but isn't there 2 additional layers with a whipped cream thing?
Well, I don't make 'em, I just eat 'em silly!
I found this: (sounds yummy)
http://www.christmas-cookies.com/exchange/post-7387.html&sid=4d1fef09dd2d53c7b5831b75a0c78b67
or there's this:
http://www.baking911.com/recipes/pastry/applephyllostrudel.htm
That's cold. It was 27 degrees F when I left the house this AM. I actually had to break out my heavy Carhartt coat.
And what is this Phallo/Phyllo/whatever stuff you speak of?
And? My DH starts back on 24hr shifts this weekend. *pout* I hate living in the middle of nowhere when he's not home.
Awwwwwwww poor little guy.
I hate chasing after something that's being blown down the street by the wind. Brilliant idea with the skewers.
I'm assuming those temps are Celcius. Brrrrrrrrrrr! We got hit by a cold front yesterday. They're actuall not blaming the Canadians for it this time LOL. It'll be in the 50's.
I used to hate when DH was traveling on business and I'd be left alone. Now I've come to enjoy it. I like stretching out in the bed, having control of the remote, not having to cook etc. *grin* Mind you, if I were like Momma and out in the middle of nowhere, I wouldn't like it.
I had no idea what phyllo pastry was either. Not surprising, cause I don't bake.
I looked at the American temp on my way by the mall today. It was 32F, about 0, I guess.
My friend made some pistachio things with phyllo that were totally divine. They had the same kind of spicy syrup as baklava, but the pistachios were still a little salty. Mmm.. I wish I had a couple of those instead of a box of Vachon millefeuilles.
LOL! Just the idea of you chasing the recycling bin down the street put a smile on my face!
I HATE WIND. I'd rather it was really hot o really cold or really rainy. Wind? Yuck!
Post a Comment
<< Home