Monday, November 07, 2005

Pfft

I was supposed to start taking care of the kids on Friday, but the father managed to acquire tendonitis (his hands were dreadfully swollen - saw them myself), and so no kids.

I was supposed to start taking care of the kids Monday, since the father would be back to work, but the mother has done something to her shoulder, for which the doctor says she should stay off work for a week, and so no kids.

I think I'm getting jerked around. So I'll be looking into banquet halls starting tomorrow. Things are getting pretty grim financially. I better start bringing in some money or Christmas will be...well...frankly, I don't want to think about that.

18 Comments:

At Monday, November 07, 2005 12:38:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

You really think they are being dishonest with you? Why? So sorry things are getting so tough. Especially this time of year.

{{hugs}}

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 7:59:00 AM, Blogger Monstah said...

Sounds like an unreliable gig which is really too bad. I have no idea if they are being dishonest or not but if this a prelude to how things might be, it does not bode well. I'm sorry Seana. You want to give them the benefit of the doubt but at the same time it hurts because you are out a week's pay.

*hug* Hang in there.

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 8:40:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

I hate to sound cynical. They were supposed to come over just for a visit yesterday, but they called to say were running late and then called again to say the kids had been fighting and were being punished by not getting to come over.

We had agreed that I would call her on Halloween after T-o-T'ing, to arrange me taking the kids the next day. When I called, she said she'd called her work to tell them she hadn't been able to get in touch with the babysitter, so she couldn't come in.

I don't believe they'd have any compunction about lying to me.

But yes, Monstah has phrased this better: it's going to be unreliable and this does not bode well.

Thank-you. I was a bit out-of-sorts when I posted last night.

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

*hugs* That's too abd that they are doing this. Intentional or not. I hope they at least feel bad. *smooch*

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Rose said...

*hugs* dear. I hope they get their shit together and realize that you are basing your financial stability on their ability to tell the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I know exactly how you feel about the money!

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 11:18:00 AM, Blogger Breezy said...

*hugs* I hope things work out.

What are you going to do with a banquet hall? I think I missed something somewhere.

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 11:36:00 AM, Blogger momma said...

*points up*

What Breezy said.

*hugs*

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Glowie said...

*points up*

What Breezy and Momma said.

*hugs*

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 12:06:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Heh. Banquet waitressing. easy enough to get a weekends-only gig, pays better than server minimun (which is less that regular minimum) and you don't *really* have to deal with the public.

I don't think I could handle underagers trying to order alcohol. Well, not with any hope of keeping my job. :D

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

And thank-you all for the lvoe. You're all great.

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 1:33:00 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Hope everything works out.

*big hug*

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 2:53:00 PM, Blogger Schnookie said...

*HUGS* Sorry to hear about that Seanna. If only people could realize how much their actions affect other people's lives.

Good luck with the banquet work. I do hope you get something soon.

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 7:14:00 PM, Blogger Coco said...

Good grief. What a pain.

I hope you can either get this straightened out with them or find other work.

Good luck!

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 7:14:00 PM, Blogger Coco said...

Oh, and *smoooooooch*

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 7:44:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

Seana, sorry that the job seems to have fallen through. It does sound as if it would be pretty unreliable, so maybe you're better off without that particular job.

*smooch* Good look with the banquet job.

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 8:09:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

so sorry Seana. I know what that feels like. Have you thought of seasonal jobs for now? THat way you don't really have to commit and they usually want you on weekends. Plus if you like it you can maybe stay on after the holidays.

But banquet waitressing is a good idea.

Big smooch! Think of it this way...you will get excersise too!

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 9:34:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

You know what? I hope when they do get their shit together and they call you up to say, "Hey, we're ready to come on over now!" that you are in a position to tell them, "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm no longer available because I've picked up a waitressing job."

Pffffft!

*smooches* & {{{hugs}}}

 
At Saturday, March 03, 2007 3:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work http://www.panty-pissing.info

 

Post a Comment

<< Home