Things That Suck
DD is doing poorly in math at school. She doesn't like this school. It's just a holding school until our new one gets built. It's dim and old and grungy and I can see why her grades would slip in a place like that. We had her teacher interview on Friday and I sat there like Reagan during the Iran-Contra hearings "I didn't know that." "No-one told me about that." And of course, everyone's thinking "Aren't you in charge? Aren't you supposed to ask questions and keep track of things? Why haven't you been paying attention?" Yack. So now I have to make sure she has her agenda with her homework and test dates, etc. and make up homework for her to do if she has none. We spent an hour prepping for 2 tests tomorrow and I'm not sure the math one is going to go well. *sigh*
My phone line keeps cutting out. I will have to sit inside my house from 8am to 5pm tomorrow waiting for a repair person. My cell phone will have to stay on because otherwise, there is no way to contact me.
Bell's phonelines are all answered by people in India. They are trained not to make small talk. Apparently. Just the facts, I guess. Heaven forbid we should have a personable discussion.
Because my phone is out, my cousin couldn't remind me that we were scheduled to take the kids for their annual Santa picture tonight. I had marked it on the calendar, but forgot because I was stressed about DD studying, because I can't just leave her to it anymore, I have to supervise. Cousin actually drove over to the house. I felt so badly to have wasted her time, even though she told me not to apologise. Then she told me to stop apologising. Then she threatened to club me if I didn't stop apologising.
My SS gift just took 2 days to go from here to a processing place an hour's drive from here. 2. freaking. days. Christmas cards I mailed the same day have made it to their recipients already, but the package just got to the sorting hub today.
I have no money. I have to use the credit card to go grocery shopping this week.
It is raining.
DH is on nights.
So it is raining, I am stressed and I'm all alone.
And on my period.
And I have no cheesecake. Not that I keep it in the house generally, but I'd really like some. I bet that would make me feel all better. Or at least a little better.


8 Comments:
Ack!
*shares cheesecake with Seana*
Sorry about the school issues with DD. We've been going through all that with DS lately, mostly due to the fact that he is a lazy ass who doesn't want to DO the work. *sigh*
Here, have some of my Midol, I'm on the same cycle, apparently.
Next time on the phone with the "techs", sign off with an Apu-esque "Thank you, come again!" and see what reaction you get.
And I hate it when I'm even on my exclamation point!
*hugs*
*then runs*
UPDATE: I feel better now. DD skipped off to class, despite having 2 tests today. I flatter myself that it was because she had an hours worth of uninterrupted DD-mommy time last night and she still understood the tricky thing this morning. Yay! I *know* she's a smart girl.
Also, my phone is working now (already!) and the tech person was nice. And female, which I hadn't expected.
Thanks MM. That's some yummy imaginary cheesecake. :-) I'll take the Midol too, though I've never used it before.
You better run, buddy. Exclamation point.
I have Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream to share.
Glad to hear DD is getting it with the math. DS had a similar problem this fall. He was put in advanced math, and didn't want to be there, but he had the aptitude. So he figured if he didn't do a good job on the work, but not so bad as to fail, that I would agree to put him back to regular math. Um, dude, your parents are both ACCOUNTANTS. So I did what you did. Sat with him for 2 weeks, and he raised his grade from almost a D to a C+ by the end of the grading period. He is now getting a B-. So there.
I thought better of the above comment, but too late. My bad. Forgive me (question mark)?
Wow - you really deserve some cheesecake. I think the teacher is about 50% responsible for DD's problem because a good teacher has built-in ways to keep parents in the loop - besides relying on the kid to communicate.
I always ask India operators "How's the weather in Bangalore?" which at least throws them. Then when they tell me their anglizised name (David or whatever) I tell them to call me Susmita. I think they are all supervised by lathi-carrying control freaks who roam the aisles and punish idle chatter.
I have some Pistachio Almond Ice cream if that would make you feel better?
*hugs seana*
LOL at Swami.
Post a Comment
<< Home