RIP Princess
My daughter's guinea pig died yesterday. She was of the messy-haired variety. I had just set the kids up on the couch to hold their pigs so I could clean the cage and looked into the little wooden house and saw her lying on her side. I have had dozens of piggies over the course of my life and I know when one has passed on. Poor little piggie. She was just over 4.
DD was inconsolable. She cried and cried. She couldn't sit down. She asked why and demanded another pig right away but then said she never wanted another, just Princess. It was heartbreaking.
Princess liked to sit in DD's lap and snuggle. Her favourite food was celery leaves, but cucumber peels were a close second. She was inquisitive, brave and bright.
We buried Princess next to the peonies where she used to nibble grass on warm summer days. A decorative stone marks the place.
RIP Princess


6 Comments:
Guinea pigs make lovely pets. I had two as a child - Archibald and Mortimer.
Poor DD - all set to hold her pet, then finding out it was dead. What a bummer! Poor kid.
I have buried (and occasionally flushed) so many pets over the years that I don't want to think about it.
If we ever move from this place I want to dig up my beloved collie and take her bones with. That's probably sick, but I would seriously consider it.
It's so sad to lose pets.. I saw my tiny puppy run over when I was 6 or so... *sniff*. Give your girls extra hugs!
Awwww, poor DD. It's tough to lose a pet. We've lost one in the past year, and may well lose another soon.
#hug to DD#
Oh, poor DD! I never was attached to my pets as a kid, so death wasn't much of an issue. *hugs to DD*
Sorry Seana and DD. *sniff*
I too have buried pets on our land. Swami, you aren't totally weird in wanting to take them with if you move. I've considered that too. We currently have 2 cats buried in the woods. One is in an old metal toolbox, the other in an old cooler. Our vet told us not to bury them directly, as the stuff they use to put them down gets into the watertable.
*hugs to your daughter*
I'm reading this a week and a half after you posted it. Will you be getting another guinea pig? How's your daughter doing now?
Post a Comment
<< Home