Couple Things
Really Good News
My Dad emailed me earlier today to say that his x-rays show his cancer is still getting smaller. In some cases, it's disappearing altogether. He says he has "dodged a bullet" and will be taking better care of himself now. I assume this means he will not take up smoking again. Yay!
Kids are Stupid
It is -12 degrees today. The sun is hiding behind the clouds, and give no warmth in any event.
From The Weather Network's site:
-12°C Partly cloudy
Feels Like: -22°C
Wind: SW 28 km/h
Gusts: 48 km/h
So my daughter gives me the pouty foot stomp when I tell her there's no way she's walking home with no headband (since she won't wear a hat) and no mitts. We even had to go back inside the school to put on a sweater because IT'S BLOODY FREAKING COLD OUT!. Nice girl. I like her. But come. on. The boys I babysit had an earful from their mother this morning about wearing the warm stuff, since they "forget" their hats and mitts a lot.


12 Comments:
I don't like this new GoogleBlogger. It has been messing up my posts. Why was all the print on this one in super-tiny font? It just looked like a line across the page. I had to make everything "Large" and then back to "normal" size. Then only some of the print was normal, even though I had selected it all.
Gah!
Oh fer heck that was small type!
Yay for Dad! That is excellent news!
Boooooo for cold! I remember being too fashionable to stay warm.
Woo hoo! for dad!
It's darn cold here, but not as cold as near you! *shivers* @ the thought!
Glad to hear your dad is coming along well.
As for the cold, I can sort of feel my toes.
Latest from Fredneck:
Clear 12°F
Feels Like 1°F
Break out the shorts.
Oh Seana, I'm so happy to hear that about your dad! :)
It's cold here too, but not nearly as cold as it is for you, so I'll keep my complaints to myself. ;-)
What wonderful news about your dad! If he starts to smoke again - shoot him!
Don't your kids have hoodies? Most kids will pull on their hoodies in extreme cold. Fashionable and very warm.
Thank-you all. I am really pleased that Dad is taking this seriously. We know a couple people, who despite heart attacks, refuse to quit smoking or eat more heathily. Morons.
MM: complain if you like, but I'll just make fun of you for being a wuss. :-)
Swami: DD doesn't like hoods because she likes her hair in pigtails. *shrug* The headband is our compromise.
I'm happy for you about your dad's results. OOOH, let me close the window shades; the sun is in my eyes. :)
Anyone who DOESN'T want to *whacque* the Puffster?
ok, here's my complaint:
Today, I had to drive with the windows rolled UP! Brrrr! Granted, the air was on in the car...
*smirk*
*waves to Puffy*
Pfft to you Cali peeps and your weather.
Terrific news about your dad Seana!
I was the same when I was a teenager. We'd wear jean jackets in the winter and my mom would try to force us to put a bit ugly winter coat on. A hat? Forget it. Never wore a hat.
Post a Comment
<< Home