Drama
The Breakfast Program is run by intelligent, independent women who know what they're doing and don't need a babysitter. Strong women. Strong personalities. Fertile ground for personality clashes. We've had very few.
Our most abrupt personality stormed off in a huff on Tuesday morning and said she wasn't coming in except on Thursdays, when her son has choir practice. I still don't have the straight of what happened. It may have simply been that all the Monday morning stuff that I usually do didn't get done because of the snow day and there was too much to do. Except that there were extra people to help that day. This meant that the other woman who does Wednesdays was going to be alone, so she and I stayed late on Tuesday night and did all the prep for Wednesday. All she would have to do would be to put stuff out and serve. I was supposed to give blood that morning and couldn't be there. As it happened, DH's car key broke and the chip fell out, so the car wouldn't start because it thought it had been stolen. I didn't give blood. But I did have a huge hissy fit. I've been feeling tied to the house lately and I really wanted to get out. DH and I have talked and we're all good now. I can't believe I nearly cried because I couldn't go give blood. Good grief.
Anyway.
Now I have to rework the schedule. The other 2 core breakfast ladies and I were only too happy to agree with the drama lady was quite right in her reasoning that it was just too cold to be out walking more that once a week. Whatever saves your dignity, I guess. And now I don't have to spend much time reminding myself that we're all on the same team and that she really is a good person. Because she is. Just I don't feel like cooking gourmet meals every day and don't throw up your hands at me and roll your eyes, please. I disagree sometimes. It doesn't actually make me an idiot. I'm not doing this to piss you off. I just disagree.
Bye now.


4 Comments:
Wow, that sounds like a lot of stressful drama. I'm sorry some people just get snitty. Again, I blame the time of year. Sit back, have a milkshake and relax.
See, when cars are empowered to decide for themselves they have been stolen then how can anything else possibly work out right? I would have done some serious fender-kicking.
On a different note:
A guy made frozen pea puree coated in chocolate on a stick last night on Iron Chef America. Do you think the kids would eat pea popsicles?
Ack! Sounds very stressful! No wonder you almost cried.
{{hugs Seana}}
Post a Comment
<< Home