Saturday, January 27, 2007

Ice Age

My cousin lent me her copy of Ice Age and I love it. I have recently complained that kids' DVD's are getting too adult. In the olden days, the best kids movies had the odd joke for the parents in it. Now they seem to be all adult jokes. I just don't think movies for kids need to be edgy. Anyway. I really enjoyed this movie because it told a story. Just a story without all the pop culture references and almost-swearing. I laughed my ass off. And then cried at the end. Good movie.

13 Comments:

At Saturday, January 27, 2007 8:39:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

I giggled at you talking about this movie being clean and not so adult and then you said that you laughed your ASS off. *giggle*

 
At Saturday, January 27, 2007 11:58:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

Good point Carey. LOL <--without the swearing!

Ice Age was a great movie. One of the few I actually went and saw in the theater. Loved it! And you're right, they are getting too risque, aren't they?

 
At Saturday, January 27, 2007 1:18:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Carey and MM: LM*O Well I wouldn't say that in front of the kids...

 
At Monday, January 29, 2007 9:56:00 AM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

I *heart* Scrat.

That is all.

 
At Monday, January 29, 2007 2:25:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

I have not seen that one yet but Curious George is a great one too. Very young kid appropriate. Great soundtrack too.

I liked Over the Hedge's music too. But that movie is a little "edgy".

 
At Monday, January 29, 2007 4:49:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Over the Hedge was heeeelarious, wasn't it zombs? I loved it! But yes, pretty adult centric.

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:28:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

I haven't watched many of the animated films recently. I think the last one I saw was Incredibles.

My kids are growing up. *sad*

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:35:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I have no kids, yet I watched Over the Hedge twice. :-)

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:38:00 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

I love animated movies. My most recent one was Happy Feet.

 
At Wednesday, January 31, 2007 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

HD: I *heart* Scrat too. I really wish they'd let him have the stupid acorn. I wish they'd let the rabbit have some Trix, too.

zombs and kim: Yeah, Over the Hedge was funny, I thought, but it went right over the kids' heads. I like the song that plays during the closing credits: Rocking the Suburbs, and I can't tell which house is mine. Also, William Shatner as the overacting possum? Hilarious.

MTW, kim and Puffy: as far as I'm concerned, you don't have to be a kid or have kids to love animated movies. I had a whole collection of Disney flicks long before I had kids. I bought A Bug's Life and The Emperor's New Groove just for myself.

Puffy: How was Happy Feet? I didn't want to see it, but I'm always open to suggestions.

 
At Wednesday, January 31, 2007 4:46:00 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

I liked Happy Feet. *dances*

But there's some parts of it that are sad or frightening and might scare little kids.

 
At Friday, February 02, 2007 1:23:00 PM, Blogger Surveysez said...

I watch all the animated ones and claim it's with the kids. Loved Shatner as the possom - it so suited his style.

 
At Sunday, February 04, 2007 8:20:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Just checking to see if I can sign in. Blogger has been giving me trouble.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home