Yick
And the kids got the first actual day of winter off. Snow days are only fun when you're a kid. Otherwise, it's just extra work. *pout* I wish the four of them were at school.
Stuff I think, stuff I like, stuff I don't like, stuff that happens, just a bunch of stuff.
10 Comments:
I think Calfirnians should get a cold day today. brrrrrr
They said on the news you guys were getting some cold stuff down there. Texas, too, apparently. So I obviously thought of you and momma and nailbone and MTW and MM and Catt (it's bad out west too, I understand) and Puffy.
Years ago, I worked at a company whose headquarters was in Ventura. There was one day when some of their people were up here for training and it snowed pretty badly. It was really funny watching the one fellow trying to get the snow and ice off his car. Yes, I did eventually help him.
It's quite lovely here today. 75! Tomorrow it will be 40.
Brrrrrrrrrrr! Supposed to get cold here tomorrow also but not quite like your cold. Keep safe Seana!
It is insanely inhumanely cold here. Our temps for Sat, Sun, today, and at least tomorrow are below freezing. We had an inch of ice. Solid, pure ice. Wind makes it feel like it's 5 degrees. This is just....WRONG! I don't know how you guys survive without serious hibernation under a bazillion blankies.
I'm about 45 mins to an hour from Ventura. It got done to the 20's F here and into the teens F about a half hour east of here.
I saw on the news that someone's sprinklers broke so their lawn, wrought iron fences and everything else outside was covered in ice and icicles.
Our lawn was a little crunchy and I fear that some of our plants won't make it.
Several of my friends had water pipes freeze. We kept our hot water dripping (the cat was staring at it all night long, I think)so our pipes didn't freeze.
You don't need to drip the hot water, Puffy. Cold water works just fine too, maybe better depending on how your water heater works.
We're -13' this morning. A little snow, but not much.
We dripped cold water, but we have soft water only on the hot, and I guess it froze up in those lines. Our cold water was working. When I started the washing machine with only cold, somehow it opened up the hot water lines, maybe releasing pressure or something.
I said this on Momma's blog...we have not even had any flurries yet this whole year or ice. Just got really cold today around 37-49 degrees. This is not normally cold for this time of year but it has been so warm that it feels cold now.
When we got to Reno, we got 3-4" of snow. And? Not only did no school systems close, but kids actually had recess outside, and a few rode their bikes to and from school!
Post a Comment
<< Home