Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Thinking of You

I may not always be here, but I think about you guys all the time.

Rose

Though a sighting is rare, I think of Rose often as I knit. My daughter was given a knitting machine for Christmas. I doesn't work very well, but it inspired me to dig out the single mitten that I knitted for a class I took 10 years ago. OMG. 10 years. I had forgotten how to cast on and off, so my sister - who is adding to her garment-making skills (she sewed my wedding dress) by taking up knitting - showed me. I've been practicing techniques for a month now. I feel that I can actually start a project at this point. So Sister told me about this place on the street known for textiles that has these huge bags of yarn for under $10. Whee! I'm going to make a blanket for DS. He wants a blue one.

Knockers

The other day I was feeling a bit off. "You know what it probably is?" said another of the breakfast ladies, "Zinc. You need more zinc."

Swami & cq

We were talking about reality TV this morning and the other breakfast lady asked me the name of that show that had the mega billionaire trying to find someone to run his company. "The Rebel Billionaire," I said. I never watched the show, but I flamed Swami's summary on that forum. In my defense, when cq got flamed, Swami complained that no-one had ever flamed her. I was just trying to help.

15 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 21, 2007 12:44:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Ooh, I thought of you last night! I was lifting weights on my machine. On the presses, I am trying to correct my habit of leading with my right arm (thus, my right arm gets a better workout than my left). I thought "Seana would tell me that's a benefit of Bowflex...each arm pulls from an independent bow."

 
At Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:54:00 PM, Blogger Swami said...

And I was very happy to be flamed. I felt so milque toast, having never been flamed.

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007 6:00:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Kim: I love my Bowflex. But I have no idea how it compares to other exercise equipment. I actually have run into that problem myself. I hurt my shoulder a couple months ago and for a after it had healed, it was a lot of effort keeping the left side even with the right. I thought about lowering the weight on that side, but I got this visual of myself with one big muscly arm and one skinny arm. *giggle*

Swami: You still suck :-)

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007 8:01:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

I think about you and read your blog way more than I comment, FYI.

 
At Friday, February 23, 2007 10:45:00 AM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

I think of you every time I browse my bookshelf, just so you know.

 
At Friday, February 23, 2007 12:00:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

*waves to Seana*
I think of you (and nutz) whenever I watch TAR. :)

 
At Friday, February 23, 2007 2:45:00 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

PM me sometime. I'd like to know how your son is doing. *smooch*

I took up crocheting but then I had a bout of vertigo and couldn't lower my head without getting dizzy.

 
At Friday, February 23, 2007 9:53:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

I think of you whenever I get in the mood for sea monkeys. Which is more often than you would think.

 
At Saturday, February 24, 2007 10:44:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

Now see? I thought you were going to say "gas" not "zinc". LMAO

 
At Sunday, February 25, 2007 4:48:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

OMFG! Nutzboy and I were talking about the Rebel Billionaire the other day! Weird.

Jen, it's nice to be thought of. Guess you'll be thinking of us tonight! w00t! :D

Besides zinc, you should make sure to get the proper dose of B-12, Seana. *giggle*

 
At Saturday, March 03, 2007 9:14:00 PM, Blogger dragonflies said...

Hey Seana!

I'm another one of those lurkers that read more than I post. I'll try to correct that!

smooches!

 
At Wednesday, March 07, 2007 10:43:00 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*noses around blog* Where the heck are you?

 
At Wednesday, March 07, 2007 1:57:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

I miss you. *pout*

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2007 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Swami said...

*thinking of Seana*

 
At Saturday, March 17, 2007 8:11:00 AM, Blogger Rose said...

OMG! Hiya! I know I've been a rare sighting, school has kept me down...

Keep on knitting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home