Friday, February 16, 2007

Self-Esteem

It's amazing how much better I feel about myself when I clean something that needed it, even if no-one can see or notices it. For example, dusting the ceiling fan in the kitchen.

Today, I tidied the kitchen table that we never eat at because it is too big for the space and there's no way to fit all four of us there. We eat at the dining room table. So the kitchen table has become a dumping ground for anything that we're not sure where it goes.

The other day, I shined my sink, as per the FLY Lady (please see link) and felt all happy. Although it's actually impossible to shine my sink because it's made of some dreadful white substance. If we ever renovate, I want stainless steel.

Shortly, I believe I will empty and tidy the big white cupboard in the kitchen. I can't even close the door it's so jammed up.

I hate new Blogger. I wish I could make that my sig line here.

9 Comments:

At Friday, February 16, 2007 11:55:00 AM, Blogger mtw said...

*smooches* Seana!

I checked out Fly Lady. That's a cool site - even for a guy! Today, I'm going to go through the new clothes I bought in December that still have tags on them. I'm going to decide which to keep, iron them or wash them, then put them in my closet. I'll try to throw one garment away for every one I add.

And? I may add some site links to my blog!

 
At Friday, February 16, 2007 2:30:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I will go check out Fly Lady. In the meantime, I will be proud of you for cleaning!

 
At Friday, February 16, 2007 5:59:00 PM, Blogger frodis said...

I think I might try the FLY tips for keeping a calendar. I used to be really diligent with a calendar when I was in school, but for some reason after entering the work world I abandoned it. I rely too much on my brain, which is a BAD idea.

Thanks for the link! I think I'm going to work on some of these decluttering ideas too.

And maybe I'll scrub my sink, although like yours, mine isn't really ever going to "shine."

 
At Saturday, February 17, 2007 1:35:00 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Thanks for pointing out the Fly Lady site! I'm sure both LC and I can use some of her advice. Our house is a royal mess.

 
At Sunday, February 18, 2007 10:58:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

Hooray for everyone decluttering. I don't follow the plan all the time, but I've taken a few ideas to heart, like "a little at a time" and "a little every day". I especially like the idea of picking a room every day, instead of trying to do it all at once.

I'm quite pleased with the kitchen. The cupboard doors are clean inside and out now too.

 
At Monday, February 19, 2007 2:55:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

I should try this "cleaning" that you speak of...


*smooch*

Have I told you how much I adore you?

 
At Monday, February 19, 2007 7:31:00 AM, Blogger Swami said...

I have never understood the theraputic value of cleaning. I like things to look/be clean, but the actual cleaning of? Blecch!

I should check out the Fly Lady site, though. So many people talk about how helpful/cool it is. What I don't understand is why a site about how to be organized and clean is named for a fly. Seems counter-intuitive.

 
At Monday, February 19, 2007 10:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would do a lot for my self-esteem if you would come and clean my ceiling fan in the kitchen.

I hate cleaning ceiling fans.

We had visitors "stop by" yesterday in the form of our niece and nephew and their son. My house was a total wreck. Then the kids made it more of a wreck.

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:33:00 AM, Blogger Paul said...

One thing I've started doing is getting rid of the carp on the steps "to go upstairs." I just take one thing at a time with me as I go upstairs.

We don't really like our house that much; it's too small and has about zero closet space. But that's no excuse to let it look like the National Archives (and that's probably insulting the Archives).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home