Busy Busy
OK, so this morning I was helping out at the school. There is a room currently being used for storage that we'd like to use as a service room for the breakfast program. Once we get it cleaned out, we can set it up with the remaining tables and the chairs. We still have to keep the floor clear so that the JK kids can play there when it rains, like today. We also put away a shipment of food (cereal, juice boxes, canned fruit, etc). We were going to put it in an old closet until we found evidence of mice. These buildings are so old. So then we had to send the vice principal out (what a great woman) to get plastic bins with lids. She took the other volunteer, (not that we could do anything) and I ended up washing apples and delivering them to the classes. (We get some *great* people here. A local farmer gives us enough apples for each kid once a week. So Fridays are apple day.)
The VP and the other volunteer brought me back a coffee, which I drank and now I am hyper. I just can't handle caffeine anymore. The other mommies were laughing at me when I went back to pick up DD.
DS and I got home a bit before 1 pm, stuffed lunch in our faces and headed to cousin's to change the VCR tapes again. She'll have 7 full 6-hour tapes when she gets back. Wowza.
On the way back, we saw some poor guy pushing his car. He didn't have far to go, but was having trouble getting started, so I helped. Then I was really late, so I had to pick up DD in the car. The school is always a zoo at home time.
So now we're home. The kids have their snacks and I'm coming down from the caffeine high.
I'm feeling a bit good-deeded out, so don't ask for any favours.
*whew* What a day.


14 Comments:
You do so many good deeds. I admire you.
You forgot my apple.
I haven't forgotten you...I promise I will get that email to you this weekend.
Blessyerheart, Puffy.
*shines apple*
*places shiny apple in Swami's blog*
Momma: Don't worry - there's no rush. :-)
What goes around, comes around, you little apple polisher, you.
Crap, I was coming here to ask if you would vacuum my house. *pout*
Yeah, I was about to ask if you could help me take our air conditioners out of the window.
*awaits the inevitable *whack**
You are spunky WITHOUT caffeine. I can only imagine your energy WITH caffeine! :-)
I've always admired your ability to multi-task, and be a great mommy.
*smooch*
*wonders if sucking up will earn me some favours*
Just think of what you'd be like if you had a Red Bull.
I opted for some tea today, rather than coffee in order to remain somewhat mellow. I almost went to Panera for a bagel and a mocha.
You are such a good mommy-helper.
I can walk to my kids' school in probably 4 minutes, but do you see ME there? Nope.. I need to be better. You inspire us all!
Mmm.. crunchy apple.
Hello, everyone!
Here, have an apple.
mom2: have you been here before? Welcome!
I think a Red Bull would kill me. I really do. I bet it would be funny to try.
Alright, back to the grind. Today has been a blur.
Seana -I've read your blog before, but only have recently registered so I can comment! And I have a cute photo on my 3rd post of my blog! (yeay for me!)
Post a Comment
<< Home