Oh, the Shame
OK, so we were in the grocery store today, in the seasonal department. They were clearing out the Halloween decorations and costumes and already bringing in the Christmas stuff. I hate that. I really, really do. But, um.
Oh geez.
I bought clips for the outdoor Christmas lights. We have new eavestroughs and fascia and stuff and it's aluminum. We can't just staple the lights into the wood anymore.
And, um...
There were these cupcake pans shaped like stars. I thought they were cute.
But wait, it gets worse.
I bought a Christmas tree.
Yes, that's right. I bought a nice little Christmas tree to replace the 20-year-old hand-me-down tree that my MIL used to spray with that fake snow stuff and which makes me sneeze for days after I put it up. I've wanted a new, not-so-big one for years now. So I bought one. And in so doing, encouraged all the damned vendors who put Christmas stuff out in August.
My shame knows no bounds.


19 Comments:
I'm looking for stuff for Valentine's Day. Anyone know where I can find some nice red hearts?
*shakes head at Seana* Great, now it will be out on Oct. 15th next year.
I am still considering an artificial tree for 2008. The cats should be old enough not to climb a tree by then. Now, they are just too curious and thus I have no tree.
They have some cool clips now for lights. The ones you screw onto a multipurpose handle to hook them up there are cool.
You're supposed to wait until at least the day after halloween so the candy is half price.
"Isn't there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about?!"
;-)
I'm waiting for the Halloween stuff to go on clearance .. so I can get some crafty stuff from Joann's on sale! I'm terrible about putting stuff away in my craft room, and the forgetting about it... until the season is past!
Tomorrow you get the good candy you know. They've got to clear out the orange wrappers for the red and green.
*spanks Seana*
What were you thinking!?! Also, what's the deal with artificial trees in Canada? So many people I know from Canada have artificial trees.
I am off to buy my Halloween candy today. No Christmas stuff.
Bad, Seana! *whack*
*does not even want to think about xmas*
You didn't really specify that it was an artificial tree. I don't see that word anywhere. You did buy a fake tree, didn't you?
I bought tonnes of halloween candy yesterday because it was half off. My diet starts November 13.
OUr neighbor already has Christmas lights on his house. Jeez! I just put the pool toys away for the winter!
Seana, *smooches* for you. I haven't seen you around much and I like you, you know.
It's ALL your fault.
*decorates Seana's tree*
Since your shame knows no bounds, your tree is up already, isn't it? *looks knowingly at Seana*
LOL @ all of you. I haven't been around much lately. I will try to rectify that. This week was very busy and I am having a bit of trouble adjusting to my new schedule. I'm not sure why. It's not that big a deal. But I always have difficulty with change. I'll explain shortly.
*yells* Yo, Seana!
Waaaahhhh! I miss you!
*shamelessly guilts Seana into updating*
I was wondering where you've been. I figured you were looking for Valentine's Day Displays.
I think it's time for an update!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home