Update
I am alive.
I have been volunteering at the school, so my mornings have been mostly taken with that lately. I have somehow ended up in charge of the breakfast program, along with another woman. We often do not agree about things, but I think we get along all right. Thankfully, we have many wonderful volunteers who will be helping serve and prep the food. We start on Monday. We have needed to wait for many things. We haven't even been re-inspected by the Health and Safety people yet. We needed a new counter in the kitchen, according to an earlier inspection. You know, if I wanted to deal with all this crap, I could get a job and get paid for it. Anyway, if something's worth doing, it's worth doing well, so there I am, cleaning and sorting and whatever.
I've been washing and delivering apples. I've been helping out in the SK class in the morning. Good grief. I'd rather be in with the 4-year-olds. At least they listen to me, however briefly.
Anyway, the point is that since I'm not getting paid and the breakfast thing is almost all sorted out, I hope to be back sitting on my ass in front of the computer in the morning again soon.
Thank-you for your patience.


15 Comments:
*waits for Seana to be able to sit on her ass in front of the computer again*
*smooch*
I was told recently that patience is a virtue. Hrmph.
I am all in favor of helping out at school, but you have to draw a line somewhere too.
Sitting on your ass in front of the computer is also important.
Slacker.
*chooms* and *runs*
That's really cool that you volunteer at the school like that. I wish I would have done things like that when arkieboy was in the lower grades.
I enjoyed volunteering in the schools. But that was before home computers were invented *snort*.
Good for you helping at school! I got cornered by the art masterpiece coordinator this year, since she knew I was not working fulltime anymore! So after winter break I get two spend 20 min every two weeks in my daughter's Kindergarten class... trying to talk about a work of fine art... wonder how that's gonna go..
THey will have the attention span of.... mosquitos!
or is that mosquitoes??
or is it like Doritos?
potatoes? tomatoes? Ten toes?
There is nothing better or more worthwhile than volunteering at the kids school. As much as I've missed you, I can't for one second begrudge you that.
*smooch*
*briefly sits on ass in front of computer*
Just for you, Nutz!
*waves to Carey* You're such a cutie. I have to read up on your gellusy-inducing peep meet.
No fear of it, Swami, I will be drawing the line toot sweet. I hope to shift my focus to stuff I can do while sitting on my ass, like the menu and prep lists for the night before.
*beats on Cygnus* Gee, that felt good.
Arkie: I have been lucky. The year DD was in JK was the year DS was born and I was on maternity, so I could go on the trips with her class when DH wasn't working. Now I get to do the same for DS.
DH has just come in and suggested that after we take the kids to the park we go out to dinner. I will be back later to comment at all of you. *hugs*
Ew. We ate at Wendy's. Better than McDonald's, but not by much.
To continue:
Puffy: my son has been recommended for extra help speech and language because of his articulation. It's true that he doesn't pronounce things as he should, but I haven't been concerned because his development has always come in fits and starts, rather than in a smooth progression. Do you have any thoughts on what I might expect?
mom2bjm: That sounds like fun, actually. I help with the Senior K morning class because my son's Junior K class has lots of mommy helpers. It would be enjoyable to do a big art project with the SKs, It think.
A mosquito...a libido?
MM: Gosh, that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. *smooch*
Ass sitting is fun! I hope you get to do lots of it soon! Winter IS, after all, the best time to curl up with a book or the net and waste time.
Ho.
(just to even things out)
I sent you a PM at the other place.
Post a Comment
<< Home