Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Whatever Pops into My Head

TAR Talk

Ah, the TAR boards on a Monday. How I enjoy them.

Bowflex

Mom says we should go look around at a particular fitness equipment place and get back to her about what kind of machine we'd like. Woo! However, the Bowflex might not fit in the basement. Boo.

No Spoiler, HD

Oh my gawd, I love Battlestar Galactica. I finally got to see this season's premiere. Now I have to grab the tape with the second episode on it. I'll get it when I collect the mail from my cousin's tomorrow.

x-Men 3 (possible spoiler)

Since Cousin is away, I borrowed her copy of X-Men 3.

Mini-review: WTF? I guess it was only meant to be a trilogy. Of course, there's that bit at the very very end after the credits, but did they have to kill off everybody? And pardon me, but didn't Jean come back from the dead to be with Scott? I admit I don't know the source material very well, since I watched the cartoon series and didn't read the comic books, but geez. I like Kelsey Grammer as Beast.

More Kelsey Grammer

I also borrowed Toy Story 2. Gosh, Pixar makes good movies. KG was the voice of Stinky Pete the Prospector, in case you were wondering.

Even More Kelsey Grammer

I could never watch more than half of Frasier. The set-up was always funny, but the joke was always really embarrassing. I couldn't take it. I watched with my hands over my eyes and my cousin would laugh as I squirmed.

15 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 3:17:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

Guess I need to watch me some Frasier, because I have no idea what you mean. I loved the woman with the accent on that show, too. Oh, and Lileth of course!

 
At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:06:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

Toy Story 2 is great!

I love all the Buzz Lightyears! Right now The Little Mermaid is on perpetual spin in teh DVD player.

 
At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:36:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

Lilith was in the stage play of Chicago (the play, not the rock group) when she toured here a couple of years ago.

 
At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 9:26:00 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Toy Story 2 is one of my very, very favorite movies. "You forgot to pack your angry eyes!"-Mrs. Potato Head.

I want a bowflex. Chris said he'd workout with me if we had a strength training set of some sort. Would you mom please ship one to Wisconsin?

 
At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 1:45:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

It's been so long since I read the comic books, but IIRC, she came back as Phoenix, but didn't seem to have the same feelings towards Scott. You know I'm going to have to google this know, because it's going to bother me.

 
At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 1:46:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

That would be "now", not "know".

 
At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 1:49:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_(comics)

I know that just because it's in Wikepedia does not mean it's accurate, but it's a start.

 
At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 7:50:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

MM: I'm not really good at laughing at someone else's misfortune, even if they *do* deserve it. Gee. That was a unduly serious response.

*makes silly face*

Carey: I'm always amused when actors go back on stage and do something unlike the character they are most asociated with. Hugh Jackman in that musical a couple years back comes to mind.

weltek: Oh sure thing. I'll let Mom know *snort*

arkie: Thanks! I knew about the Dark Phoenix before, but I've just discovered that she killed herself so she wouldn't kill off enitre planets anymore. Or maybe that was her evil twin. I can't keep up.

 
At Wednesday, October 18, 2006 9:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TAR

I really haven't been over there much this year. I love the show, but I haven't been into this season as much this year. Perhaps Sunday is a downer for me.

Bowflex

We have one. I've used it like once. I'm not sure I like it. Michael uses it though.

Battlestar Galactica

Um, yeah.

x-Men

I liked the first one, the second one not so much. I probably won't see the third.

Kelsey Grammar

We haven't hit that stage quite yet, but it will come soon. We are already into Buzz Lightyear.

More Kelsey Grammar

I never watched Frasier in its hey day. Nor Seinfeld. I think I started watching both when they were almost done. I liked them though.

 
At Wednesday, October 18, 2006 10:44:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

I keep seeing the Bowflex for the treadmill type thingy and it cracks me up that they are working out next to a roaring fire.

 
At Wednesday, October 18, 2006 5:03:00 PM, Blogger Surveysez said...

I wanted to rent X-3, but lost out to 16 blocks. How many times can Willis play the redeemed hero before DH finally gets tired of it? He only wants Willis movies cause he is sure there will be killing and swearing in them.

 
At Wednesday, October 18, 2006 5:57:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

I am so upset that I don't get to play on the TAR boards on Monday. I have 4 classes and no time. *pouts*

 
At Thursday, October 19, 2006 12:13:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

And we miss you Nutz!

Survey: Die Hard was great. But you're right: he's been playing the same character for 20 years. I liked Moonlighting.

zombs: DH is drooling over that thing. I say if I'm going to walk, I want the scenery to change. Maybe I will try to steer him towards an elliptical trainer, such as our HD used to hottify himself further.

Boohoo: so no Battlestar for you then? RE: exercise machine - is it the weight-lifting you don't like or the machine itself?

 
At Thursday, October 19, 2006 9:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I just didn't have the patience to learn how to use it. Plus, I wasn't sitting on it correctly, and it actually bruised me.

 
At Thursday, October 19, 2006 1:16:00 PM, Blogger Swami said...

I liked Frasier and his hopelessly repressed brother.

I also liked when Frasier had sex with his boss and accidently broadcast it. She was Dirty Dirty Girl and he was Bad Bad Boy.

Battlestar Gallactica is my fav, of course. *Says no more so as to not spoil anything*

I love The Little Mermaid too, Zombs. The kids bathroom is still decorated to be Under The Sea, with lots of Ariel stuff. My fav is one of those photo-collage frames where I intermingled pics from the movie with pics of my kids swimming. That came out really cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home