You Can't See It...
...but I have been cleaning. Behind things, underneath things. I've been cleaning walls and handrails and other things that no-one notices but me. If you come to my house, you will not see the clean, but I know it's there.
I feel guilty about playing on the computer now. I have free time, and I think I should fill it with work. Before I was taking care of the kids. I couldn't really do any of these projects, because they would be in the way somehow. I feel like I have to report to my husband what I did all day while he was out earning the money so that I can be here. I feel guilty about having free time.
In other news, DS has really taken to school. He very much enjoys it. He plays with the other boys and likes to learn new songs. He is thrilled to bits that they will be going on a field trip to the apple farm next month. He can hardly wait.
DD was on a field trip to a fall fair on Friday. They learned about pioneers and the pioneer times. She lectured me on the way home about how long it takes to churn butter and how to make candles. She's cute.
I spent yesterday at my cousin's making chili sauce. I now have several jars in my cold cellar. It's really good on eggs. Pity I don't have any. I used them up baking. DD had wanted pizza pretzels for her trip, but I went to 3 stores and they were out. So I made some. I feel all skilled about that, too. I also made banana cake and cinnamon rolls. So I'm kinda done baking for a while.
I will shortly be going to a baby shower for a friend of mine from high school. I got her a safety gate and receiving blankets. The kids got her a teething ring. They wanted to get a present for the baby themselves. I thought that was cute.
DH is on nights this week, so I'll be around in the evenings.
I've missed you all.


11 Comments:
Yay! I'm glad you're back with us~
*waves to the south* Hiya Seana! Mmmmm chili sauce. My Mom's chili sauce is something I have to learn to make some day. We use it when making meat pies. Makes them nice and moist. I spent all day yesterday making bread and butter pickles. Dave helped but it still took the better part of the day.
Next weekend it will likely be dill carrots. Yay! I lead such an exciting life. Be jealous. *giggle*
Ahhh! I love the smell of a fresh, clean blog! And I know what you mean about wanting to be productive while you're at home.
My kids are pretty much grown and gone so I don't have to reclean daily like I used to. Such a relief.
*smooches arkie* DS saw your Pegasus icon in another blog and said he like it. I wasn't allowed to click away until he had looked at it for a while. :-)
Hi, lights! Nice to see you! Now that you mention it, we used to put chili sauce on meatloaf. Now I want that. You should absolutely get your mom's recipe. Cousin and I used our grandmother's. Her house smelled soooo good.
Swami: Yes, the recleaning is the trouble, isn't it? It just doesn't stay done. *pout* Well, at least I won't be bored.
It is your right as a wife and mom to have free time and to play on the computer. You deserve it for all those years of diapers, feedings, waking up in the middle of the night, and last but not least, childbirth. Feel no guilt at all.
*sniffs*
It smells clean Seana! Good job!
Glad to see you back. *smooch*
Are you sure YOU aren't preggers? You seem to be nesting. How did the pretzels turn out? I've tried several recipes and haven't been overly pleased with any of them.
Um, you missed a spot! ;)
Don't clean the seamonkeys!
They like it dirty.
I feel that way too sometimes. I have not cleaned with any free time I get and feel guilty. DH is good about it though. He did some laundry last night.
We have to start making Halloween costumes!
Blessyerheart, Puffy. :-)
*smooches* to MM and Carey
Kim: I am *not* nesting. *NOT* Don't you ever get a burst of cleaning energy and know that if you don't use it now, it will just go completely to waste? It's like when I get in the mood to throw stuff out. I go with it. Then it's done and I don't have to worry about it for a while.
Mr. Seana = fixed
*waves to MTW*
*loves to see MTW*
*ignores MTW's comment, which Mr. Seana would be soundly punished for making*
Zombs: I will not clean the sea monkeys! A couple have died. They turned black and sunk to the bottom of the bowl. They looked creepy, so I threw them in the organic waste bin. I feel badly about that. Perhaps I will be haunted by the souls of wronged sea monkeys.
You are pregnant and have 2 preschool children *holyheck*. You do not need to feel guilty about the cleaning.
Post a Comment
<< Home