Toothless Wonder
Finally, after a very long time, DD has lost the second of her front teeth. For weeks, the new tooth had been coming in behind the old one. As a result, the baby tooth was being pushed up and out, so that it was almost perpendicular to the adult tooth. She couldn't close her lips over it. DH and I kept telling her to wiggle it more, but she wouldn't, because it might hurt if she pulled it out. It looked awful, but you try not to tell your kid she looks like a freak. Little parenting tip there.
On Thursday night, DH asked to wiggle the tooth and did so with a Kleenex. DD flinched back; DH held on and out came the tooth. *sigh of relief* Now she looks like a normal gap-toothed kid, except for the big flap of skin that the baby tooth used to be attached to.
The tooth fairy brings a loonie these days.


19 Comments:
And a loonie is worth???
Are you going to save all your kids' teeth? My parents saved mine in a little jewelry case. What a shock to open it up one day!
Ack! I hated when mine were losing teeth. It freaked me out so much I would call DH and ask him to come home if I thought the tooth was about to come out. *shudder*
We referred to DS as shark boy, because he also had a second row of teeth coming in behind his baby teeth for a while. (he doesn't know we called him that!)
Anyhow, *yay* for getting the tooth out!
*smooch*
Shark boy!!! Oh, that's too funny.
*snort*
I swear Puffy's comment wasn't there before. Weird.
1 loonie = $1 CDN
I have been keeping them, but only because it feels weird to throw them out.
This post keeps reminding me of one of the waitresses at Waffle House last night. Seems like there is always a waitress at WH who has dental issues.
This post is making my teeth hurt.
Ick. I can't imagine saving teeth. That seems gross.
LOL @ shark boy. :)
I'm trying to get Rotten1 to get that top right tooth out of his mouth. He's been wiggling a bit, the adult tooth is coming in behind it, the baby tooth has been pushed to the side some.
*sigh*
And your tooth fairy is getting out cheap. Mine is up between $3-5 per tooth.
My oldest daughter was like that. Just would not rock the teeth out so the replacements started coming at an odd angle. Strangely enough, this is the child who wound up with a "perfect bite" as the dentists called it. They were always so impressed to see a teen with a perfect bite who had never had any orthodontia.
My other 2 kids ripped their teeth out as soon as they were loose, which I think is more normal. We don't fear blood in this house, lol.
I saved some teeth from each kid at random (especially the first tooth!) but I have gotten them all mixed up in a drawer. I no longer know which tooth goes with who. At some future date I plan to make a random division and hope for the best. I have a 33% chance of getting it correct, right? Or is it less than than? I was never very good at statistics.
I am so disturbed. The thought of random teeth just sitting around in a drawer? is making me not want to finish my lunch. Who knew I had such a strong opinion on teeth saving? LOL.
*shudder*
Our tooth fairy leaves $5 or so. More if the idiot forgets to come for sometimes as long as a week!
Oh, and yes, *I* am the idiot!
Oh dear, between Star Trek and random teeth, Jen will never come back here. :-(
Hi arkie! I prefer waitstaff not to look unhealthy, even dentally. Actually, a woman I used to know had left her tooth problems for so long that you could see the cavities. She was otherwise quite a pretty woman, but all you could see were her teeth.
Wow, momma, that's pricy! I don't think the tooth fairy will ever give out paper money, so the best either of them can hope for is $2.
Swami: Why did I think you only had 2 kids? Your oldest daughter saved you thousands in orthodontic bills. Not looking forward to that, I tell you. The words "random teeth" make me giggle.
Oh, MTW, you're not an idiot. I forgot to put the money under the pillow one time. DD was pulling all her sheets all over and was so upset that the tooth fairy hadn't come. I went and "found" it under the mattress. LOL
She knows it's me, but she likes to play along.
Don't worry, Seana. I will return. I'm a glutton for punishment. *grin*
(And aside from making me feel nauseous, I actually find it really funny that I am so freaked out by teeth saving. LOL.)
Does it have to be my own tooth to get a loonie?
$2 - $5 dollars per lost tooth? Holy Carp!
I'm almost afraid to ask how much babysitters get these days.
*waves* to Seana!
Nookie, just remember...this is only one of the many reasons that I lovingly refer to my children online as the Rottens.
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Mens designer cargo pants Cheap dreampharmaceuticals online viagra
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Two headsets spyware detector Lingerie model topless email filter Sangoku contre freezer outdoor bars furniture Amatuers upskirts web conferencing Vitamin b 12 shots for weight loss Http shopping.yahoo.com b laptops 20148417 Ionamin ionamin br aa
Post a Comment
<< Home