Pics (Now You See 'Em)
Now you don't!
I like this picture of the kids helping DH shovel after a snowfall. This was taken some time in December. You can see the type of neighbourhood we live in: residences built mostly in the 1930's and 40's to house the workers needed at the steel mills during WWII. The houses are close together and there are few driveways. Some street have alleys in the back, but I wouldn't want alley parking: those things are magnets for petty thieves.
*****
I got a CD when we had the pictures developed, but the pictures on them don't seem very clear on my screen. I cropped the mess out of the pictures inside the house. :-)
OK, so here is me with the kids at DD's ballet studio on picture day. Her class were mermaids, but I think they looked more like Jasmine from Aladdin.
*****
And just because I feel like bragging a bit, here's the cake I made for DD's birthday:



19 Comments:
I love the look of your type of neighborhood. For some reason it just reminds of the "good old days". I can't explain it. *smooch*
And love the pics of the kiddos. *kidsmooches* to them.
I have lightsabre envy!!! Your kids are uber cute, and like Carey says - your type of neighborhood evokes a kind of safe/happy-child feeling.
What is the name of your city? Have you ever said?
Now I can put faces with the names, "DD" and "DS."
My dream home is one with a veranda. I can't explain it, it just is.
And your kids are just plain adorable. *Smooches*
*morphs the kid pics to try and imagine what Seana looks like* LOL
Cute kids! *smooch*
Oooh! Yay!!! I'm glad I didn't miss these! Adorable!
Your neighborhood reminds me of the one I grew up in back in Queens (NYC). Old houses, mostly attached, with no driveways and the occassional ally to the yards.
Carey: Hi! I keep typing up these city history lessons and deleting them. *snort* @ myself
Swami: Flaggy!
Puffy: LOL. I was going to refer to the kids as T and J for a while, but stopped. I've typed out their names once or twice, but DH has asked me not to give out too much information. I agree that there are a lot of psychos. Who knows who lurks where?
*smooches* Survey I want an old country house with a veranda all around it. And rocking chairs!
Jen: hang on a minute
Nutz: Every now and again I see a bit of King of Queens and I think how it looks like the neighbourhoods around here.
WooHoo! What a MILF! ;-)
The kids are adorable Seana, and the cake? Damn you. Now I want some cake. *grin*
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ooooh! Yay! Seana is purrrrrrty. :)
Thanks for sharing! I love seeing pics of my online friends. It makes everyone seem more real. *smooch*
*swipes cake*
You and your kids are all gorgeous! I love your hair.
And the cake is a masterpiece!
First...cute kids! DS has such a mischevious grin!
SEcond...can you ship a cake like that to me? mmmm...
Third...my grandmother had an Archie Bunker house in Queens and that is what it looks like! But you are moving soon correct?
Great pictures. I forgot to add, anyone who has a quote from Unseen University's Archchancellor is a cool peep! *smooches*
OOH! I'm glad that you added your picture and the cake picture. Verrrry nice to both of them!
Thanks for pics. I'll have some cake please.
*blush* and thanks for all the kind words.
debcapsfan: I remember you said in arkie's blog that you read Terry Pratchett. I love the wizards. Oh, and Sam Vimes. And Vetinari.
Zombs: we want to move, but the place needs some work first.
Also: DS is all about the mischief.
Cake for everyone!
Darnit! I missed the Seana pic!
What a purty cake!
Double-darnit! I missed the Seana pic too!!!
But I did login to RTVW and check my flaggy thing. Waved yours right back atchya.
Dern, I missed the pics. Love the cake!! How cool that you can do that. I've always wanted to decorate cakes but suck at it.
Post a Comment
<< Home