New Clothes
In addition to visiting with all my relatives and trying not to seem judgemental about my mother's poor life choices on Saturday, I went shopping.
My father gave me a gift certificate for Cotton Ginny at Christmas, but I waited for the spring/summer stuff to come in. My cousin knows her way around that store and is not afraid to tell me something doesn't suit me or that something I wouldn't normally choose would suit me.
I am now the proud owner of my very first pair of capris. I've never worn capris. I like this pair: beige with a bit of beadwork and embroidery in the same beige on the side of the leg. I think they look nice. I got two of those tank tops with the bra built in, a sleeveless shirt with a collar and a pair of jean shorts that fit so very nicely.
I'm very pleased with this new haul. I wore the dark purple tank top today and it's so comfy. I love it. I already had a tank-with-bra and it's not nearly so nice. I want more of them.
Tell me about the clothes you just got or saw that you want.


23 Comments:
Your new clothes sound really nice. I like capris and the tanks with the built-in bras. The only thing I've bought lately is a pair of suede loafers. I think I need to go shopping.
I love my capris! I bought several pairs in the last two years. Now I have about 10 of them. The best thing about them is I can wear them to work in the summer. We are not supposed to wear shorts.
I don't do tank tops or any other sleeveless things. I have a scar on my right upper arm and I hate showing it.
I need some new clothes, but hate shopping.
I have a hard time finding capris that fit me, I'm short. So most capris just look like floods on me. But I do have a nice pair that I found at Sam's Club that I love.
I need to lose some weight before I go clothes shopping.
I haven't bought any new clothes yet this spring except for a couple of t-shirts. I really need to go shopping!
I like capris, except I call them pants that I don't need to hem.
Actually I never hem pants.
I did some online shopping this past weekend. I bought a pair of capris (carpenter jean), one light green polo shirt, a blue v-neck t-shirt and a white lightweight jacket. I can't wait until they are delivered!
I still have a few more things that I need to get. I have almost no summer clothes (I hate shorts and short sleeves. I like fall clothes- sweaters and jeans.) I also need to buy a new pair of sandals and a pair of tennis shoes. I might go to Fashion Bug tonight. :)
Bob, that's probably why i like capris. Shorts look like capris on me. By the way, I like the snug capris, not the baggy ones.
I got a new nightie :) It's satin so I don't get stuck in the sheets, but it is backed with cotten so I don't get cold, either. The best of both worlds.
I have been shopping in an overly filled closet. It's amazing how many bags I have sent to the thrift store and how many things I forgot I had and so are just like new to me now. Besides, I can never seem to find anything except socks when I go shopping.
(As an aside, when I was a kid, we called them pedal pushers or clam diggers. They were basic wear. Now they are capris and fashionable. God, I am getting soooooo ooooold.)
My ass needs pants that fit. For once, FOR ONCE the problem is that they are too big.
Oh no, I haven't lost weight or anything...I just started buying those low-rise jeans and they fit differently than my regular jeans. I love 'em -- very slimming and comfortable. But the ones I have are way too big and I need to get the next size down. Now that they have stretched out a bit, it's even worse.
Over the weekend, I got up out of my chair to go into the kitchen? And my pants fell down.
Sounds like you had some good finds! I love dark plumish purple.
I seriously need new summer clothes, though it's not in my budget.
Puffy and Swami: Yes, please do go shopping. Personally, I hate the shopping *waves to Nutz*, but love the having of new clothes. I don't know about shopping for clothes online *waves to Jen* because I often really like things on the hanger, but not on me.
LOL Survey: I called them pedal pushers too, until I was corrected. Who knew I was such an old fart myself?
Breezy: I wanted to lose weight, too, but I think these ones will do me if I actually manage to get thinner/fitter.
I did not know that Bob and Puffy were short. :-) <--smiley to take away the sting of being called short. 'Cause a smiley cures everything.
Catt! You're new here. Bienvenue.
I see yours bu-um. [/my son]
I looked at the "modern fit" pants, but they looked bad on my. I got "classic fit". This is why I don't go shopping for clothes very often. They've changed all the terminology. Gack.
Kim: I know exactly what you mean. If it weren't for the clothes being free, I wouldn't have them.
I am short, too. Did you know that? I have the same problem as Breezy- all the regular capris just look like floods on me. Luckily the capris I bought online came in petite sizes. :)
I hate shopping with the fire of a thousand suns, which is why I will gladly shop online and risk having to pay return shipping charges if they don't fit. Or, actually more accurate is me putting them in the back of my closet and saving them for when I lose weight. *rolls eyes* You wouldn't believe how many cute clothes I have that still have the tags on them. Someday... *sigh*
I bought some t-shirts from target, the mens department in XL so when I get larger this summer I have those and then I can give to DH.
I may buy a few more maternity shirts just to feel better I actually love some of them. I also may buy some cargo capri's too. all my pregnancies were int eh summer so I pretty much have enought clothes and I am thinking this is my last kid so I don't want to buy to much.
I may buy some sport shoes from Lands End. I saw those slip ons and they look great for beach and other things.
One bad thing is I have a wedding the end of May. Nothinbg fits. What do I do?
I? am tall, and have spent a lifetime trying on regular pants that looked like capris on me. So you'd think I would like capris. But no, they just feel like a shopping failure to me. I want pants that cover my ankle bones!
I'm shorter than Breezy. I went to JJill and bought some dark blue jeans that are so soft, a pull over shirt that's super cute, and a lovely blue skirt with a very faint rose pattern. I wore the skirt yesterday and the jeans today.
Hi Seana!!! Just wanted to remind you...
IT'S TAR DAY!!! *hops*
*grin*
Jen: LOL I have a whole box of great clothes I swear I'm going to wear again. :-)
Swami: I'm not tall, but I have long legs. I like these new longer-legged styles. I used to hate the tapered leg thing from the mid/late 80's.
Zombs: I'd go to a thrift store for something to wear to a wedding when you're preggers. I don't really know how I made it through 2 pregnancies with only 2 pairs of maternity pants, 2 maternity tops and a couple of my husband's cast-offs.
Debcapsfan: You're new too! Welcome! Sounds like some nice stuff. I prefer a subtle pattern to a bold one.
Nutz: DD is all into TAR now. She was telling DH about how the Guppies lost all their stuff, but didn't get disqualified. *grin*
I just bought two pair of long shorts, they called them bermudas. I so remember bermudas shorts. And a sparly blue shirt.
I, like Swami, am tall. Before lengths in pant, I had to make (yes actually sew) all my pants. As a result I absolutely refuse to wear capris that hit anywhere below mid-thigh. I feel like the geeky tall girl who can't find pants to fit, or floods as I was told. I try to buy them just under the knee (which are pedal pushers). I bought a pair of capris in the petite dept a couple of weeks ago.
I just bought some shoes in DC. I love the pink/black sport sandals and just realized that I don't have any pink summer wear. Opps.
Well, I noticed today that two pair of my jeans are getting holes in the back so I guess I need to take a trip to Old Navy and Mervyn's.
How do people get holes in the back of their jeans, anyways?
MM- toxic poots.
Oh, that was low, Zombs. And too funny! Wish I had thought of it.
Best regards from NY! » »
Post a Comment
<< Home