Thursday, April 13, 2006

*gasp*

I'm just here for a minute. Thursday is my regular shopping day. DH has decided to forego sleep in favour of shopping with us. We had to cut our trip to the upscale store short because we'd spent too much time meandering around and all of a sudden, we had to get back to pick DD up from school for lunch. She is now eating her pizza pretzel. She loves those things.

We got a nice ham for Easter. The round steaks were a good price, too.

The stores are a zoo. I swear every old person was there today. Actually, that means that the people inside the store were all being quite polite, but moving really slowly. The parking lot was a horror.

And we have to go back! We didn't get it all finished.

Now I'm going to go have my shaved black forest ham sammich on a fresh whole wheat bun for lunch and then go brave the downscale store for the stuff we didn't get.

Maybe we can get a movie for tonight. Anyone seen the Narnia movie? Is it too scary for a brave 3-year-old and a less brave 7-year-old?

Geez, where does the time keep going?

Bye for now!

16 Comments:

At Thursday, April 13, 2006 1:11:00 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

Luckily I don't have to shop for Easter.
I hope you ahve a great time shopping. *smooch*

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 1:12:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Crap. I have to go to the grocery tonight. I didn't even think about how crowded it would be. Now I reeeeeeeeally don't want to go. *pout*

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 3:21:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

I just watched Narnia with my kids last weekend. There are some intense moments, so if you do watch it, try not to do so close to bed time.

*smooch*

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 3:25:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

You wrote "shaved black..." and I read it as "shaved back" *shudder*

Haven't seen Narnia.

I need to get some errands done, could you help since today is your shopping day? I need a birthday present for my 11 year old nephew that only likes video games. I only want to spend $15. We need beer. Please try not to drink it all before you get it to me. Grab some Diet Coke while you are at it. This Black Cherry Fresca crap tastes like cough syrup.

I also need a haircut. I'm not sure how you can help me with that, though.

Thanks!

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 3:42:00 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

Shopping before a holiday is a zoo. I try to go mid-week during the day (which you did) while most people are at work. It's some consolation that so many items are on sale before holidays.

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 4:10:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Thanks, Carey. Oh yeah, it was great. (Actually, I like the upscale store. It's bright and has a huge selection and the easy-to-find people give you cheerful answers. It's just *so* much more expensive.)

Jen: Sorry. There might be a nice special on ham or something. Fill in a little space or two in the fridge. :-)

Thanks for the movie info, MM. DS likes Star Wars: A New Hope and he's the one that's been pushing to see it.

Hi, Kim! Present for 11 y.o. who only likes video games = book. Yes, I *have* done that before, just to mess with nephew. He has behavioural problems and currently lives in a group home. While he lived with his family, he was a right little piece of work. I have taken the lessons I learned while watching him grow up to heart. That's why I'm absolutely committed to "making it stick" with discipline. I'll do your errands right after I mail you this donut. :-)

Oh, and lean into the computer a bit and I'll see if I can get these scissors through the connection. Don't move...

Puffy: true about the sales. And I'm kinda used to the zooishness, because the downscale store I usually go to has changed their flyer day to Thursday. That means that's when all their specials start. So it's busy anyway.

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:08:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

Good thing you can outrun the old people and push them down for that last big ham.

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:32:00 PM, Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

LOL at Zombs :D I have zero plans for Sunday, the holidays are a tad different when you have no youngsters at home. But you are right about all the old people being out today, I got behind several of them that couldn't see above the steering wheel. I just kept hollering for them to "pick a lane will you please? You're scarin me!".

*smooch*

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:50:00 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

zooishness? I thought you didn't know anything about Passover, Seana.

One of our markets changed the flyer dated from the usual Tuesday to Friday. I never remember to go to that store anymore.

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 9:17:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

I hate shopping! Grocery shopping is the worst! I don't know how you can do two stores in one day.

I have a friend that used to get all the flyers for the three stores near her, get all the coupons and make up her list and shop at all three stores every week to buy everything on sale! *shudder*

I have no idea if she still does that. She lives in a different place now.

 
At Friday, April 14, 2006 9:58:00 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I came to report that my shopping trip was rather painless. The grocery wasn't very crowded, that might have been helped by the fact that I got off work an hour early and went straight there. And the thing I hate most about grocery shopping is unloading. I live in an apartment and I usually have to make at least 3 trips, up the elevator, down the long hall, back down the elevator, repeat. It's annoying. But yesterday I lucked out and there was a cart for me to use to transport. Yay!

And yes, I finally have food in my fridge! *grin*

 
At Friday, April 14, 2006 10:20:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

LOL Zombie: I did *not* shove any old people.

Hi, woe! Don't get me started about old people driving. My grandfather went to his grave complaining that they took his license because he wouldn't drive over 20kph and couldn't see 10 feet in front of him.

Puffy: Um. I don't get it?

Nutz: For some reason, we don't have coupons in the paper anymore. I remember my mother clipping coupons, but they just don't have them. Stores put things on special and then advertise in the flyers, which are free and delivered weekly in plastic bags.

Jen: Thanks for updating! That's what I hated about living in an apartment: up and down the elevator 3 times. I got one of those old-lady cart things, but sometimes, like if I bought pop and watermelon and a lot of canned stuff, I'd still have to make extra trips because those things really can't handle that much weight.

Yay, food in your fridge!

 
At Friday, April 14, 2006 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Swami said...

I always try to avoid food shopping around major feast holidays because of how the aisles are full of old people who are vaguely looking for products they remember from 20 years before, can't see to read labels, can't reach anything down and think blocking the aisle is part of the shopping experience. I go early in the morning to avoid them. At 6:30 a.m.? No old people. Just list-driven maniacs like me!

I routinely go to four stores, usually in two trips. My meat market, my general grocer for most stuff, an upscale grocery store for their fabulous baked bread & fun specialty stuff, and a natural foods store for my spices & rices & natural personal care products.

I hate to shop, but I want what I want so I just have to suck it up and go!

 
At Friday, April 14, 2006 1:03:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

We don't really have coupons around here anymore either. Most of the stores have changed over to those frequent shopper cards, which gives the discount for all the items.

 
At Sunday, April 16, 2006 3:31:00 AM, Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Hi Seana. I didn't mean to offend and I don't mind them driving slow, since we are never late here due to being on Hawaiian time and nobody is in a hurry, it's just the hovering between 2 lanes that scares me.

 
At Sunday, April 16, 2006 6:53:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Oh, you sure didn't woe! It's one of my pet peeves that some people continue driving long past the time when they should give up their licenses. Like my grandfather and my cousin's other grandmother. She's a wonderful woman, but she's over 90 and she really needs to stop driving before she hurts someone. There have been several near-misses already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home