Saturday, April 29, 2006

Busy Busy Busy

The last couple days have been full. Today and tomorrow and busy as well. I like to have things to do, so it's no great hardship.

Thursday was an early dismissal day. Then they had a "carnival" at the school. There were several carnival-type games: fishing, get the softball in the bushel basket, pop a balloon with a dart, that kind of thing. The thing which amused me most was the kareoke machine. I wonder how many songs they had on the machine, because I only heard 3. I only recognised the one, and they played it over and over and over..."So Yesterday". It's still stuck in my head. Ack.

We took the kids 5-pin bowling last night. I totally kicked all their asses, including my husband's, who sends the ball down the alley like he's trying to kill the pins. You should see them flying around in the back after the ball hits. Anyway, I got 198. Ha! Haha!

DD had swimming this morning and right now, I have finished making the Cool Slaw, as we call it here and we're heading out to my Dad's for Birtheaster. There are a couple birthdays this month and so we just get together once during the month. Addtionally, tomorrow will mark the 16th anniversary of DH and I being a couple.

Tomorrow I have to take DD out to get a new swimsuit, since she's outgrown hers. Again. Stop growing! Ah! Then she'll go over to play at her little friend's house for couple hours. They have both been at me and friend's mom to arrange a play date.

OK, see you all later!

16 Comments:

At Saturday, April 29, 2006 4:58:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

*sings*

So yesterday, so yesterday...

*grin*

Hey!!! Mr. Nutz & I have been together for 23 years... yesterday! (Well, except those times in between when I dated John & then Steve.) *grin*

Have fun at the BirthEaster!

 
At Saturday, April 29, 2006 5:52:00 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

Sounds like a busy one. Have a great weekend.
BTW, I just thought you should know that I really really love cole slaw. :)

 
At Saturday, April 29, 2006 6:05:00 PM, Blogger Surveysez said...

I always loved the step in the middle of the bubble stuff, where they draw a big bubble up around you with a hula hoop. Of course, mine are too old to admit they enjoy the school carnivals any more.

 
At Saturday, April 29, 2006 6:07:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

Nutz is evil. That song is horrible, and I really feel bad for you that it's stuck in your head.

 
At Saturday, April 29, 2006 8:46:00 PM, Blogger Monstah said...

Hi Seana! Happy Anniversary and Happy Birtheaster!

(Side bar: I once saw this girl eat cole slaw with a cold sore on her lip. It was circa 1977 and I am pretty sure I have not had cole slaw since.)

 
At Saturday, April 29, 2006 8:53:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

I don't know what the song "So Yesterday" is!

Cute name Birtheaster! Sounds like a storm.

 
At Saturday, April 29, 2006 9:06:00 PM, Blogger Swami said...

I remember 5 pin bowling. I don't think I've ever seen it in the U.S. though.

Happy Anniversary Eve, Seana!

Where does the word 'birtheaster' come from? My middle child was born on Easter Sunday but her birthday has never fallen on Easter again.

 
At Saturday, April 29, 2006 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

*confused*
What's 5 pin bowling?
What's birtheaster?
What's cool slaw?
What's So Yesterday?
and for Surveysez: What's a step in the middle of the bubble game?

 
At Sunday, April 30, 2006 4:20:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

Busy indeed! Sounds fun, though. :)

*smooch*

 
At Sunday, April 30, 2006 10:58:00 AM, Blogger Surveysez said...

Puffy - a Kiddie pool has a couple inches of bubble blowing liquid in it. A block of wood is in the middle of it to stand on. Then a hula hoop is rigged to be drawn up around the person on the wood and it makes a big bubble around you. The kids loved it.

 
At Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:09:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Congratulations, Nutz! That's a long time.

But arkie is right, that song is awful and you're a big meanie to sing it in my blog. :-)

Survey: I admit I've never seen this bubble thing, but it sounds really cool.

Monstah: OK, yes, that sounds pretty bad. But it wasn't the cool slaw's fault.

I bet you've heard the song, Zombie. I think it's Hillary Duff.

Swami: "Birtheaster is just a stupid name we made up to indicate that we are having Easter dinner and celebrating Dad's and BIL's birthdays all at the same time. We always do pot luck, so I brought the salad (Carey: I use the KFC recipe at topsecretrecipes.com - good stuff!), Youngest Sister brought veggies, Middle Sister brought a variety of fruits with whipped cream and little sponge cakes and Dad and his GF made a duck and some back bacon, eh? Yumminess.

Puffy: please see my response to Swami RE Birtheaster, to Zombie RE damned song. You can copy-paste this linkie for info on 5-pin:

http://www.kidsturncentral.com/topics/sports/bowling.htm

Yes, MM! It's lotsa fun.

Taking DD to little friend's now..

 
At Sunday, April 30, 2006 5:03:00 PM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Sounds very busy, but lots of fun! I always loved the school carnival when I was alittle kid.

 
At Monday, May 01, 2006 10:23:00 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

You are a bowling queen. As someone who rarely breaks 105, I salute you as my superior. I can't bowl worth shit.

 
At Monday, May 01, 2006 12:42:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I don't know the song "So Yesterday", but thanks to Kim's comment I am now singing "Dancing Queen". *evil eye to Kim*

Happy Belated Anniversary! *smooch*

 
At Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's sort of what we call duckpins here in Maryland. It has 10 smaller pins spaced further apart, but the balls are about the same size as 5-pins. You can throw the ball straight down the middle and get . . . 2.

I throw just like your DH. And get about the same scores. :-) Cyg

 
At Thursday, March 01, 2007 4:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home