What to say...

Momma is making me update. What a slavedriver.
1. I talked with DD's little friend's mother again today and I'll be watching her kids starting Friday. They will both be working early, so that's me getting up at the gawdawful hour of 5:45 to anticipate their 6:00 arrival. I plan to set the kids up with pillows and blankets and let them doze on the couch until breakfast. The kids were over for a bit after school. Little Girl is 7 and in DD's class, Little Boy is 5 and in kindergarten in the afternoons. I may be grouchy in the evenings. I'll have to go to bed earlier now, I guess.
2. MRC rules. He's helping me learn stuff about history. I want to write a song parody for him, but I have no talent. Help?
3. My fat cat can't hit the litterbox. She digs a little hole in the center of the litter, stands in the hole and pees or poops over the side. Rotten cat. My thin cat has eaten all the hair off her butt and hind legs. The vet says there might be an outside cat looking in our windows and stressing her out. But I'm pretty sure the trouble is DS jumping out at her when she's not expecting it and squishing her.
4. DD can't spell. I made her write out her spelling list one time every day last week and she still got 12/20. So this week, she will read the word, then spell it out loud. Maybe the problem is just that she doesn't recognise the word when the teacher says it. We'll get it right eventually.
5. The kids had a lot of fun trick-or-treating last night. DS was done after about 5 houses, and I carried his bucket for him for a few more, then he just sat in the stroller and DD went to the doors for him.


24 Comments:
Gee, thanks for the "helping me learn about history" shout out.
That is great about the babysitting. It should not be too hard right? What time does school start? And hey! No extra diapers. You will do fine and just think that you are earning money in your house! It is working out! Yay Seana!
Oh and point MRC over to my blog! He is a hoot with that Gene Wilder hair. Actually I don't know if he really has it but I like to imagine.
How about you do it to "It's Raining Men" only change it to MRC!
I would pay money to sleep in until 5:45. My alarm is set for 4:45 but i am usually up a good 45 minutes before it goes off.
My fat cat stands with her front feet outside of the box. She gets it in the box but she is so lazy that she doesn't cover it. It's yucky.
Hmmm, I'm thinking I'm glad I never did get a cat.
I have somehow managed to offend HD. Ack! How can I make this right? Would you like to recommend some books too?
Zombs: You're right about the diapers. I'm so finished with them.
Sorry about your insomnia, Carey. That sucks large. But hey, I'll be up! You can call me. :-)
LOL Arkie. Yeah, bleaching the cat pee off the floor is a joy. *grin*
The babysitting gig sounds good. Except the getting up earlier thing.
We let our cats out, so we don't have a litter box. :)
I wouldn't worry about DD just yet. She's probably just confused about all those "u"s you Canadians add into everything.
As far as DH goes, *grin* I know what I'd do. Seriously, try Fascinating Womanhood. Cheesy title but my mom swears by it.
Hi Seana!!!! I missed you. *smooch*
You need to play more. *pout*
Oh and in a few months I'll be getting up way early too. Tax season sucks.
MM, my sweet - HD, not DH. I don't think he'd care too much about my womanhood, no matter how fascinating it might be. *biggrin*
Poor Breezy. I bet all the lost receipts and non-deductions are you fault, too. *hugs* in advance.
Umm...I am SO not a slavedriver. I just missed seeing you around.
And? Congrats on the babysitting gig. Christmas $$$!!!
I think you should buy your fat cat a new, larger litter box. Or put lots of newspaper and puppy training pads under the existing litter box.
And? Sorry about DD's spelling. It's tough at that age. Words just aren't spelled like they sounds. Especially in Canadian. *grin*
Good luck with the sitting! I hope it goes well.
And you know what? I'm up at that time every other day. Call me! Then we can talk instead of being forced to watch Teletubbies (although today there was a Sikh making a turban - I've always wanted to know how they do that).
Get a bigger litter box.
I wasn't offended ... but if you tell me waht you want to learn about then I can add some books to MRC's list. I refuse, however, to ever have Gene Wilder hair. I think that it would interfere with my weiner waxing responsibilities.
OK, proper red wavy sent, HD. There's even a message in it!
We have 3 litterboxes. Who uses which box depends on who's alpha cat that day or who's waiting around the corner to swat who. The never-ending struggle for survival, played out daily in my basement.
Momma: I think you're a sweetie. I was just funning. *grin*
1. Glad you are getting some extra money. Once you start getting up, it should be easy.
2. I *heart* MRC. I would like to make up a song about him too.
3. No cats here.
4. Speaking of spelling, I have noticed that you Canadian folk use "s" in a lot of places I use "z." Am I imagining this? (I'm totally not busting on you, I'm just curious.)
5. I'm glad Conner was done after his few houses. I threw his candy into the main pot and gave it right back out. I didn't need it in our house.
LOL! Whoa! I need to read more carefully. I was going to suggest you woo HD! :D Although I think that would be fun to try, too. ;-)
I just finished a whole load of shopping. We decided to put this week's groceries on the credit card, since the city decided our house is worth way more than we would get if we sold it and are taxing us more. The bank is dutifully charging us more. So we are a bit *yick* short.
So there I am at the check-out with my cart full of bread and milk, chicken and soup. I say:
"You take credit cards, right?" because I know they do.
"Yes, but only PC and MasterCard."
All I have is Visa. So I left a full cart of groceries at the grocery store. I'm hungry. And kinda pissed.
DS fell asleep in the car on the way home. I'm glad he's getting some rest. He needs it.
How can they not take Visa? That sucks!
A grocery store that doesn't accept VISA? That is insane.
Isn't Visa accepted everywhere you want to be?
Thank-you Breezy.
Welcome, Sonya!
LOL Momma!
Good grief, what a long day. I wish I could go to bed right now. But I'll have to settle for going to bed in about an hour.
I forgot to answer Boo's spelling question.
I've been taught that using either 's' or 'z' in some words is equally correct. It's just important to be consistent.
I use the 's', some use the 'z'. My boss always used 'z' and I had to remember to type his letters in his style. (He liked to write letters out by hand and have me type them.) I think the Brits mostly use the 's'.
Examples: recognise / recognize
organisation / organization
You got flair Seana. That is all.
By that is all I meant that is all I wanted to say. Not that all you have is flair. In fact you have quite a lot of things and flair is one of them.
Mmmmkay?
Zombie: I *heart* you so. much.
*giggle*
Post a Comment
<< Home