Friday, October 28, 2005

Not Being Seen



Mrs. Smegma has not learned the first lesson.













Which bush is Seana behind?



And now for something completely different.



OK, I haven't been around much this week. I suck. Yes, I do. And damn well, too, I tell you. But that's not the point. The point is that I am terribly terrible sorry. As well I should be. I know.

*****

I was thinking about the stupid things that have become routine in our house. Things that I had to do to ensure compliance from my children. For example:

1. I sing the song "Hands Up" (Hands up, baby, hands up! Give me your heart , give me give me your heart give me give me all your love, all your love, all your love) with modified words to make getting DS undressed more fun for all involved:

Hands up, big boy, hands up! Give me your shirt, give me give me your shirt give me give me all your clothes, all your clothes, all your clothes.

2. When I fill their cups for dinner and want them to get the cups themselves, I don't yell "Hey kids, come get your drinks!" No, I yell "Boy, I sure hope no-one comes to swipe my juice! I really wouldn't like that at. all!" And then I turn my back. I hear *patter patter patter* and then two little voices saying "Swipe!"

3. For the longest time, DD (who has eating issues and whatever works, I'll do that) would not eat "noodles". She wanted to be a baby bird and eat worms. So I had to feed her one noodle at a time. She would tweet, and I would feed her a noodle.

My kids are weird. I can't imagine where they get it.

19 Comments:

At Friday, October 28, 2005 3:05:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

I just chant things like, "if you don't do what I say I'll send you to boot camp", and it works. Your way is probably nicer though.

I think I know why your kids are strange. *grin*

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 8:22:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

Hee...I do the hands up thing too!

I tell my kids to runa round the house before dinner to "get their sillies out".

Also when I am out walking with DD(DS too young to walk holding my hand without taking off or just laying down with the dead body weight) we dance and twirl our way to stores. I must get look sbut I am too busy twirling to notice.

I love the bird thing! At least you don't have to do it from your mounth to hers!

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 9:40:00 AM, Blogger Glowie said...

You are cute.

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 9:44:00 AM, Blogger momma said...

So cute. I've done similar things. And I have my kids get their sillies out most mornings on the way to school. Apparently, it works because they don't get in trouble as much for behavior.

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 9:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that is very cute!

Every shirt change at our house these days is a nightmare. Conner screams and cries, just doesn't like to bear his chest.

He has been a picky eater about food lately too. At least I can always count on tomatoes.

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 9:56:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

*smooch* I've missed you.

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Coco said...

You're back! *boom*

We have a version of the hands up song for bathtime, too. It's less complex (Hands up! Pants down! Socks off! Diaper trashed! INNNN the bath!) but still funny.

Dominic has been yelling before every meal "No! Veux pas!" Then, of course, he eats what I give him. Freakish child.

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 10:42:00 AM, Blogger Schnookie said...

Too cute, all of you! I wanna go twirling down the street with Z-baby *giggle*

Nice to see you back Seanna!

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Breezy said...

You're all weird. *grin*

The only thing I do is ask DD if she wants a spanking cause they're free! Free spankings! Who wants one?

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 2:16:00 PM, Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Freaks, total freaks, the lot of you!

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 3:05:00 PM, Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

You are all too cute!

Welcome back Seana, love your post today, especially John Cleese and the whole Monty Python reference :D

Breezy: I'll take a free spanking because, quite frankly, it gets tiring kicking my own ass :D

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 3:05:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

What kewl ideas!!! Do you think I could do that with the 14 and 17 year olds?

*sigh* I totally miss them being little. :(
Maybe I should give up my job as a Math Professor for a job as a preschool teacher.

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 5:38:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

I believe that MM just called me weird. She is my favourite. :D

Zombs: I'll keep an eye out for twirlers. That sounds cute.

Momma: Good for you. When my kids really start to bug me, we try to get to a park. You're right that they have to use up their energy somehow. Best that it not be a destructive way. And oh my, mine can be destructive.

Boohoo: DS is going through something about not wanting anyone to see his tummy. I wonder what that's all about. Good luck with the picky eater thing. That's rough.

Carey: *smooch* missed you too.

Coco: Did you just blow up my bush? So you're at the "no" stage? Lucky you. :D

Schnookie: Thanks! I've missed you guys.

Breezy: LOL I tried something like that for a while and they would point at each other. Rotten kids.

Bob: Hi! Thank-you! High praise indeed.

Chrissy: Glad to be back. I LOVE Monty Python. Been watching since I was 12 or 13, though I haven't seen an episode or a movie in quite some time.

LOL Nutz! I think you'd get a lot of eye-rolling if you tried. Hell, I get a lot of eye-rolling now. Dreadful children.

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 7:20:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

Umm, no. I actually called you strange.

And you are my favorite too!

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 8:16:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Ah, strange, gotcha. I stand corrected.

You not have spellcheck or something?

*grin*

 
At Saturday, October 29, 2005 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Rose said...

*smooch* You made me laugh!

(I haven't been around much either, so don't feel bad.)

Just came over to *wave*, then your post made me laugh...

another *smooch* Just 'cause I love ya....

 
At Saturday, October 29, 2005 12:02:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

I had to do the second one all the time with arkieboy.


You're weird, but I *heart* you.

 
At Monday, October 31, 2005 11:36:00 AM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Ummm, Mrs. Smegma...?! What does she smell like?

 
At Friday, March 02, 2007 1:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Herbalife diet pill foto upskirt aston martin information ro water filter and dispenser Car leasing lexus uk lowest price butalbital online texas holdem poker annual malpractice claims cost home refinancing Effexor working too well vs celexa http://www.insurance-quotes-4.info/Homeinsurance.html water filter vs steam distillation oxycontin http://www.incorporatecompanyscotland.info Cherokee grand jeep lift suspension

 

Post a Comment

<< Home