Saturday, October 22, 2005

A Sense of Accomplishment

DH has gotten so used to being able to fit both hands down my pants that it came as a bit of a surprise to him today when he broke the clasp off my nice blue pinstripes.

I'm up here sewing it back on. See? Needle and thread, right here. Size 10 fits quite nicely. I also have pants in sizes 11-13. They all stay on without a belt, though the size 13s keep slipping down. They are all quite nice and I don't want to give them up any more than I want to give up the little bitty suede skirts in the back of the closet. *sigh*

The point is that I'm not as big as I used to be, because there is room for me and both of DH's hands in most of my pants. So, yay me!

*****

I sewed up the rip in DD's Snow White costume. This means that I dragged out the really old-fashioned sewing machine-in-a-table that I inherited from my MIL's husband's first wife. How I got it, I can't imagine. I use it about once a year. I hate threading the damn thing. And winding bobbins. And making mistakes while sewing, which sucks rocks, because I do it so often and then have to rip out stitches and start again. I hate that.

Again, I have to remind myself to make a point. And that point is that I finally pulled out the sewing machine and sewed the rip. I will also do something with the gigantic dress I bought when I was pregnant. Now that I have no huge belly holding it up, it really drags on the ground and trips me. It is flow-y and summery and I like it, but not if I'm going to end up falling down the stairs in it. Well, more than once, anyway. What length should I cut it? It's no more work to cut it to above the knee than to the ankle, after all.

*****

I'm making my own pizza crust for dinner tonight. I used to do that all the time, but don't anymore. I've already chopped up the toppings. You know, after I quit Pizza Hut, I couldn't even look at pizza for months. Heh.

22 Comments:

At Saturday, October 22, 2005 5:15:00 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

I think the first part of this post belongs in MM's blog. Just sayin.

I worked at Straw Hat Pizza. I have never in my life been sick of pizza. Pizza Hut is the best of the chain pizza places though. Their deep dish is delicious for a chain store.

Yay for you for having your pants be too big. Mine are only big in the ass. That's not a good thing. I have a belly but no ass. If I could move my belly to my ass, I would have a pretty decent body.

I've rambled. I'm sorry.

I'm no longer eating bread. But I am drinking milk.
*smooch*

 
At Saturday, October 22, 2005 10:55:00 PM, Blogger Rose said...

You can wear the odd sizes?

I'm only in evens... you know 12 and 14's.

*turns green w/ envy* at skinny little seana...

*smooch*

(and the sewing... ugh. let's just say I now officially hate dinosaurs.)

 
At Saturday, October 22, 2005 11:07:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Is there any pizza left for me? *wink*

I really need to be in bed now! *yawn*

 
At Saturday, October 22, 2005 11:10:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Carey smaht. Milk is good for you. You know if you drink a lot of water while you're boozing you can avoid a hangover? My friends used to hate me, back when I drank.

I saw you in that pink dress that arkie made you at the other place. You have a great body. :-)

Rose: Odd sizes? Our sizes seem to start at 5 BTW. I've heard of a size 0 on TV, but never have seen one, so maybe I'm not as skinny as you think. *grin*

Sorry about the dinosaur. I spent $20 on a dragon costume for DD last year, and she didn't wear it. You put your feet into the legs, and it looks like you're riding it. She was going to be a princess riding a dragon, but ended up a witch. Pissed. me. off.

I hate wasting money.

Thinking happy thoughts for the next steps in the sewing to be easy as...something easier than pie...

 
At Saturday, October 22, 2005 11:12:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Ah! Nutz was here while I typed!

Please have the last piece: onions, green peppers and green olives.

All done?

*tucks Nutz in*

*smooch*

 
At Saturday, October 22, 2005 11:31:00 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

I've never heard of odd size either. All of my clothes are even numbers. *shrug*

Yeah um, Arkie is still on my list for that pink dress picture. I think that is a size zero. Which BTW, i do not wear. I have never been a size zero. When I was in my best shape I had a 29" waist. Not so the case anymore though. Ask Augie or Breezy or Glow. We've met in person.

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:25:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Awwww! Seana tucked me in last night! Too cute!

Thankfully there were no mushrooms on that pizza, otherwise I may have had nightmares!


The smallest I remember being was a size 7 (I think the juniors department has odd sizes, but when you get to misses and womens they are even sizes. DD wears a 9). Now I'm a size 12 or 14 for jeans, depending on how they fit.

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2005 11:19:00 AM, Blogger arkie said...

FTR, it was not *I* who made the pink dress pic. I made the pic of Carey in the black dress (we were talking about prairie skirts that day).

So, if I'm going to be on the list, make sure you know why I'm really there. *smooch*

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2005 12:53:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

You Canadians with your homemaking skills! Coco cans and jars stuff. You sew and make pizza dough!

Don't you guys have malls?

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2005 5:39:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

I have learned something about sizes. With kids, the sizes go

2, 2/3, 3, 3x, 4, 5, 6, 6x, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16.

For us old people, sizes are 5 and up, consecutive, no skipping that I've seen. Now I have to pay better attention.

I'm sorry I accused you of putting carey in a pink dress, arkie. *sorry face*

Zombie: I suck at sewing. I wouldn't have made pizza crust, except that we didn't have any pre-made ones, we don't have any money to eat out and we wanted pizza. Oh, and I have a bread maker. You just chuck all the stuff in and enter the "dough" setting. I'm making a loaf of bread right now. Mmm...fresh bread...

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:58:00 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

*steals bread from Seana*
I don't know if you've heard, but I eat brad in blogs*

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2005 10:08:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

Who's Brad, Carey?

 
At Monday, October 24, 2005 1:07:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

Thanks for stealing my next blog topic Seana! *deletes "hubbys hands in my pants" from blog title*


Hmm, my brother's GF wears a size 0 (or 1 if she's fat. *rolls eyes*).
The smaller sizes go from 0-8 and then they start going to even numbers, unless you are in the juniors. *shrug* I haven't been a single digit size since before my kids were born. :( But I did read that the average woman wears a 14, so that makes me feel better.

 
At Monday, October 24, 2005 8:11:00 AM, Blogger Glowie said...

Dear Seana:

I need to know how to make pizza dough. Please email me.

xoxoxo,
Glowie

 
At Monday, October 24, 2005 2:15:00 PM, Blogger momma said...

I'm so glad your DH can't put his hands down your pants anymore.

 
At Monday, October 24, 2005 3:03:00 PM, Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

I hate sewing, too. I am so not good at it.

I have some size 7's and 9's, though I wear from 6-8, depending on the cut of the clothes and my 9's are a little too big, but comfy.

I wanna quit PH some days myself, but must get ready to go there now *sigh*

*smooches*

 
At Monday, October 24, 2005 6:51:00 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

Brad? Arkie, I have read this over and over and never once saw the name Brad. What are you talking about?

 
At Monday, October 24, 2005 6:53:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

Are you serious? LMAO! *pats Carey on head*

 
At Monday, October 24, 2005 7:11:00 PM, Blogger Coco said...

Oh, sure. Bob is impressed when someone who isn't me can sew. *whack*

Oh, and Bob? You are STILL a skinny little freak.

I need a cookie.

 
At Monday, October 24, 2005 8:39:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

LMAO, Carey! I just want to know who Brad is, and why you eat him in blogs? *gasp* Is that the weasel's real name? *grin*

 
At Monday, October 24, 2005 9:00:00 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

*snort* Okay, I found the brad. No, Dweeze's real name isn't Brad but I may start to call him that.

 
At Monday, October 24, 2005 9:16:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Wow! I've been MIA today because DH is on night shift, the computer is in the bedroom and DS follows me wherever I go. So not even a peaceful minute to peruse the blogs today.

MM: I'm so very sorry. Carey already chastised me for TMIing in my own blog. Next time, I will wait until the appropriate thread in yours. :-)

Bob: I did not know our sizes went so low. Is that what's in the Petites stores/sections? Never been.

LOL @ Carey and Arkie. I wanted to ask about that too, but Arkie beat me to it.

Coco: Is chocolate chip OK? I bet your sewing skills are mannifeek.

Momma: Thanks. *grin*

Chrissy: People at our Hut stayed for years and years. Hardly any turnover, unusual for fast food. We said it was like this vortex that sucked you in and didn't let you go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home