Eek!
I've been off-line for most of today. Some time this afternoon, as I clicked around, my Internet went off. Just stopped for no apparent reason. I did not panic. I tried refreshing the screen, I tried to see if I could send email. But no, I was denied access to the Internet.
But I didn't panic. I didn't think that I'd had my lifeline cut. I didn't think about calling the cable company to shriek loudly until someone hooked me back up. No. I turned off the computer and went away.
I came back around 8:00 pm. Still no Internet. And since we have cable, it's not a problem with the setup. So now what? Deep breath.
OK, look over at cable box thingie. Only 2 lights are on instead of 4. This might be the answer! Look closely at the lights...there's a button here...what does is say? Internet on/off Push button. 4 lights! Woo!
I can't believe the solution was "turn it on". I spent hours *not* freaking out. Geez.


17 Comments:
Wow! I would have been in tears and cursing after the first 5 minutes! Good job, Seana.
The thought of losing my internet is so scary I can't even tease you about the on/off switch.
*deep breaths*
LOL!
I think the cat did it when she walked by.
:-)
I took off all the security here, so no word verification thingie. Too many damn letters.
Let's see if I get spammed.
OMG! Seana! I would've freaked out too! Maybe it was life's way of telling you a break was in order?
Anyway, glad to see you're back!
P.S. I left a present on my blog. *wink*
P.P.S. I'm ready to turn the word thingy off soon too. It seems that the words are getting longer.
Heh. I deleted my connection a couple of weeks ago. I was going to get rid of a game that I didn't want to buy, and saw something else in the list of programs that are on my 'puter that I didn't recognise. So, I clicked on the remove, thinking it would ask to make sure I wanted to delete. It didn't. When I called the cable company, the guy on the other end said it would be next to impossible for that to be why I couldn't connect to the Internet. What can I say? I'm talented.
Oh, and the solution was to re-boot. *rolls eyes* That's what the IS guys at work always tell me, too.
Don't forget if you get spam, you can delete it permanently. That's what I do, though honestly, I rarely get it.
This happened to us at work on Friday. Internet down all morning. We called Mr. IT man, not available, we called the other IT guy that was working on it the night before. Nothing.
My buddy John and I go to the router and notice no lights. We hit the on button. Waboom. We have internet.
Cost of IT guy #1---$300/hr
Cost of IT guy #2---#250/hr
Cost to have Estimator and Billing guy fix the internet problems---Priceless
LOL arkie. That's the thing I usually try first. Reboot. Check connections. Turn off and on.
MM: well your spam quality makes up for your spam quantity.
Heard from drunk glory hole lately?
Nope, I'm sad to say I have not. I think ever since I cleaned up my blog they have quit coming. :D
I would not have not freaked out. Mine will go in and out and I freak out.
*smooch*
*smoosh* I thought the witches and flying beds had taken you away...
*yawn* Morning.
Mine was very slow for some reason late yesterday afternoon.
It was also off on Thursday, but I actually had some real thinking to do anyway.
I freak out if the internet goes out. I would rather the TV be off!
Not long ago, I got up and DH had left me a note saying "internet is down" I thought he was joking! I felt so disconnected from the world. Ugh. I hate that memory.
So did you look up any egg nog recipes?
Do they go with weiners?
Eggnog and weenies is just wrong, zombs. *whack*
And I hate it when the net goes out. It makes me jittery.
Post a Comment
<< Home