Ow
It's grey and raining out again today. Even still, I thought I'd take a moment to pull out the rest of my tomato plants, since they aren't likely to produce any more ripe fruit. I filled a tray with green tomatoes and will cover them in newspaper and put them somewhere warm to ripen a bit. They're not as good that way, but oh well.
I came upstairs to check the TAR forums and sat down in my chair. Feeling a tickle just above my knee and to the inside of my thigh, I scratched and boy, did it hurt. I felt a little lump in the leg of my pants and grabbed it. It made a crunchy sound. Oh, hell.
So I held on to the crunchy lump for dear life and went into the bathroom to get my damn pants off. I pulled off the affected pantleg and shook it. Something fell out. It was one of these:

That a yellowjacket. Unlike bees, they don't lose their stingers. And they get really mad. I now have several little welts on my leg and they sting. Ow ow ow ow. I think it will go away soon, because it's already better since I've been typing.
Things can only get better.


13 Comments:
Owie Owie Ooooooow!
Take some Benadryl!
OMG! That's terrible! Did you kill the SOB? That would freak me out so bad. But you're right, things will only get better.
*smooch*
Thanks momma and syren!
Yes mm, it's dead. That was the crunchy bit.
Bugs don't really freak me out, but having "wasp in my pants" isn't as cool as it sounds.
The area is still a bit red, but it doesn't have the white puffy patches anymore. Maybe it just bit me?
Hopefully it was just bites then, though that doesn't sound great either.
And the crunchy bit...ewwww!
Waaaaaaaaaaah, what is it with all the bugs these days? *runs away*
Oh man, finding a lump in your pants is never a good thing, unless you're a guy I suppose *grin*
*smoochies* for Seana!
You know, most people settle for ants in their pants. *grin*
*smooches*
*ouch*
Yeah, what is it with all the bugs lately?
LOL Nookie and arkie!
Sorry about the bug thing. This was out of the ordinary. I'll get something new up so people don't have to look at the scary bug, which incidentally was smaller than shown here. :-)
Take Benadryl! That's the same evil thing that attacked my poor little Morgan. Her face swelled up so bad and fast she had water blisters around her eyes.
*sammmmoooooch*
There, all fixed.
What? It works at home.
*rubs* cream on Seana's butt.
oh, it was your leg? *rubs* cream on Seana's leg while *staring* at Seana's butt.
Feel better?
Alas, I am Benadryl free! It's a bit itchy today, but no more owie.
Thank-you boohoo. All better. :-)
*snort*
Rose funny.
Post a Comment
<< Home