Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Things








Admit it . . . you feel like doing this to at least one person everyday .
My sister sent me these penguins and they make me giggle.

*****

This weekend is Thanksgiving. We'll be heading to my dad's place for dinner on the Sunday. I'm bringing dessert. My father and sisters, our significant others and children have been getting together regularly for a little over 3 years now. It used to be every month, but now, it's more like 'quarterly', which is fine. Schedules and travelling times factor in.

Dad and his GF - huge digression: I never know how to refer to her. SO? Makes her sound like a man. GF? Makes her sound like a 20-yr-old floozy. End digression - Dad and his DGF prepare the meat and potatoes part of the dinner, since they have the biggest house and they do the hosting and it's just easier that way.

My sisters (there are 3 of us) and I take turns doing salad, veggies and dessert. It's usually a lot of fun getting caught up and eating too much.

On the Monday, we'll be headed to my cousin's. That will be nice too. She hasn't said if I should bring anything.

*****

Rose's new blog reminded me that I saw a woodpecker in the back yard earlier this evening. How cool is that? This is a very industrial city, not known for its variety of wildlife. It was very exciting to me. Yes, I live a sad little life.

*****

A and her family came over to visit yesterday. This was great, because for at least those couple of hours, I didn't have to listen to "Is A coming over now?" "When A comes over, can we watch Barbie?" "When A comes over, can we use my Easy-Bake oven?" "When is A going to get here?" "Can she come over every Sunday?"

Holy crap. A six-year-old girl can talk for hours without taking a breath.

18 Comments:

At Monday, October 03, 2005 11:48:00 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Very funny peguin pic. I'm soo gonna steal it... lol

Glad you liked the hummingbird! I love those huge pileated woodpeckers... (I'm assuming yours was a red headed though!)

Anyhow, *waves*!

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:20:00 AM, Blogger Breezy said...

Thanksgiving is a few weeks away, you need to recheck your calendar. *smirk*

I have lots of birds at my house. *grin* I can have close to a 100 turkeys in my yard at one time.

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:09:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

Rose: yes, red head and black and white wings.

Breezy: why are there so many turkeys in your yard? is that because you live in Podunk? :-)

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:29:00 AM, Blogger momma said...

*chuckles*

Thanks Seana - I so needed that this morning. And yes, I feel like doing that at least 45 times a day with co-workers.

And Breezy's right. Thanksgiving is in like...6 weeks or something.

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:42:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

mmmm...I love thinking about Thanksgiving and the food. In. November. :)

I love sweet potatoes. Who is A?

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:49:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

Shall I call it "Canadian Thanksgiving"? Sheesh. *grin*

Zombs: A is DD's little friend from school. They have just discovered in the last month that they are bestest friends. It's cute and annoying all at the same time.

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All you Canadian peeps are killing me with the Thanksgiving talk. I love Thanksgiving dinner. *sighs*

And I love the penguins.

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 10:03:00 AM, Blogger Breezy said...

Yes turkeys are native to Podunk, donchaknow. *sticks out tongue*

I also have deer and wabbits in my yard some days.

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 10:57:00 AM, Blogger momma said...

I have horsies and moo cows and deer and rabbits and snakes and stunks. I'm just a bit south of Podunk, donchaknow.

Momma <-- obviously following Breezy today without realizing it.

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:37:00 AM, Blogger Coco said...

I really need to get my Thanksgiving act together, even if it is going to be really low-key (as usual- I don't have to make a dinner for my Quebec in-laws because they're non-turkey people). I have No Idea what we're cooking this year, as the family we celebrate with doesn't like turkey.

And yes, the penguin pic. I could just line my students up and smack them down one by one.

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 12:22:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

I love the penguin pic!

And all this food talk is making me hungry!

*smooches*

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 12:58:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Yay! MM is back!

And *pout* because I don't get to see any cool animals out my window.

Coco: ham or roast would be my choices. Or lasagna with a caesar salad and garlic bread. Yeah, I want that. :-)

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 4:10:00 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

I get Mustangs and Broncos and Camaros in my front yard.
I don't live in Podunk. I'm city folk.

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:08:00 PM, Blogger momma said...

Carey, honey..that should be Mustangs, Broncos and Thunderbirds in your yard. Silly girl.

*shakes head*

 
At Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:59:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

I love that penguin video!

And I really got a chuckle out of my word verification - wanaxrub - Yeah, I wanna a x rub.

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007 6:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Crest makes white strips

 
At Monday, March 05, 2007 7:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Smith wesson model m10 k frame what is ultram Upskirt clubs play casino video slots Action bextra class wyoming teen bbs nude forum teen gauge porn Maximum contributionin a 401k http://www.applelaptop2.info/Surplus-cpu.html Anna nicole simth and pamela anderson teen first ass fuck pictures of gay teens having sex Tall thin blondes Award-winning wedding ribbon invitation stationery set Bikinis g strings women Ge model  jvm1650wh microwave Evil kenieval toy

 
At Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! 10 mg cialis Valtrex lowest price Big company 128 mb graphics card down blouse 944 gauge porsche 1971 pontiac trans am Uk home business insurance

 

Post a Comment

<< Home