Wednesday Cheerleading
So, Tuesday is usually a bust for me in terms of exercise. We had baked potatoes, corn and meatloaf made with yummy lean ground chicken. Which is pretty healthy. And butterscotch pie for dessert, which is not so healthy, but is made with lots of milk, so it counts as dairy more than fat, right?
Let's get healthy, OT Peeps!
DS is sitting in my lap as we watch Scooby Doo and the Monster of Mexico. (I used to think the movie was what was scaring him, but it's not. I watch this movie every. single. stinking. day.) He is eating a healthy snack - a whole carrot.
Speaking of my kids and eating. DD did not eat for nearly 3 years. Didn't eat. I don't mean that she had a couple crackers or would only eat peanut butter on a spoon. Nothing. At about 10 months, she simply started throwing up everything I fed her. No medical problems. She just wouldn't eat. I gave up feeding her every day, since the throwing up was pretty bad for her, too. And I have always thought she did it on purpose.
So what sustained her? Milk. Plain white milk in a Playtex bottle. For 3 years. I put vitamins in it, but if she could taste it, she wouldn't drink. So 2 drops max.
She either had the runs or was constipated for that whole time. When she was about 2, she started licking the cheese powder stuff off of Cheesies and sucking the candy shells off of M&Ms. One time, she actually swallowed the chocolate of an M&M and freaked out, almost making herself throw up until we go ther to drink some milk to "take care of it". Holy crap.
She started eating a little before she went to Junior Kindergarten. I was so happy. Dinner was a saltine cracker, some sesame seeds and slivers of grapes or cherries I had cut up. Then the JK teacher and assistant tried to make her eat a snack. She woke up screaming "I don't want a snack!". She wouldn't eat at home that week at all. I had to tie my husband down and go have a word with the teacher.
I was thinking about this last night as she scarfed down pie. I love to watch her eat. It seems really surreal now, that that ever happened.


12 Comments:
It is so hard not to turn food into an issue isn't it?
Eating is so much more emotional than people realize. When you feed your children you feel like you are doing your job. When they don't eat you feel like you have done something wrong.
This is probably why so many people have eating problems. We attach emotions to it. Happiness, control, comfort, anger, success.
We have to learn to realize that eating is the process to keep us alive and nurish us. It is a function like breathing and pooping. Unfortunately we get a whole lot more pleasure out of eating!
How scary that time must have been for you guys. Amazing what is tied to food.
And Zombie said it all much better than I could have.
Oooh, Seana, that gave me cold chills. How stressful that must have been.
No, on second thought, it makes me want to cry. EEk. Poor you.
oh wow. That must have been terrifying to go through. I can see why you love to watch her eat.
I just stumbled upon your blog. Hope you don't mind.
Wow, what a horrible time for you.
The food issue is an interesting one, right now my family is concerned about me not eating enough, and if it's true that it is emotional, then something must be wrong with me. About a month or so ago I totally lost the desire to eat, completely. Sometimes I have to force myself not to throw up while I am eating.. the bad thing is that I have to eat to lose weight, and be healthy. I swear if they had a pill you could take instead of food, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Anyways, I'm glad your DD started eating eventually, that must have been so frustrating.
I'm having fun in the TAR forums today. :-)
Yes, that whole time sucked rocks. I've never heard of anything like that before or since.
*helps Glow up* Sorry! I'll put the blog back where it goes and then no-one else will trip on it. Wilkommen!
MM: You said something about that on another blog. I can't keep them straight sometimes. I've never heard of anything like that either. You're right about eating well to get fit. I wish I could offer you more than a *hug* and hope you get to the bottom of that issue.
Ack! Scary stuff. DD only ate mac-n-cheese for a year. The doc said she was still growing so I shouldn't worry about it. I still did.
I had Pooh's lazygirl lasagna for supper last night. It was yummylicious.
why thank you, Seana. *grin* May I link you now?
Please do!
I've been lazy about linking. Can I link you too? Eventually...
Wow, that must have been very scary. I'm glad all is okay now. *smooch*
That is scarry. Conner has always been a good eater (except with my breastmilk). When he turned one, it changed a little. There are times where he might eat a ton, then times nothing. But weight has never been his problem. Mine, yes. His, no.
Yes, Seana, you may link me whenever your heart desires. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home