Rah Rah Rah!
Welcome to Monday's cheerleading session!
In honour of our little group, I give you the stupidest. cheer. ever:
Oskee wee wee
Oskee wah wah
Come on Cats!
Eat 'em raw!
Seriously. How ridiculous is that?
So, I think yesterday's heavy-duty gardening qualifies for my exercise. I will post a comment when I do my yoga later today. So what are you doing?
ETA:
I pulled the dead rosebush out of the garden and replaced it with the mums we won at the school BBQ last week. They look purty. The kids have a section of garden where I let them plant their choice of flowers. DS's marigolds did very well in their part of the garden. DD's petunias did less well, but that is mostly because I used compost when we planted them, and apparently there were tomato seeds in it and we ended up with two extra tomato plants. Also, DD wanted her own bean plant, so that was growing in between the petunias, instead of on the lattice I put up in the vegetable section. Weeding is so easy after it rains. Too bad I couldn't mow.
I also trimmed off a variety of limbs that were getting to long or in the way of other limbs or whatever. The guy from two doors down gave me some habanero (scotch bonnet) peppers. Those are the ones the Jamaicans make jerk sauce out of. They're HOT. Nice guy. He's done some good work at that place. It was pretty neglected during the time when the idiots lived there. It's a rental, divided into 3 apartments, because that's the way we do it around here. The idiots were supposed to be the caretakers, but in the end, they just gave the one other apartment to drug dealers in return for crack and hookers. That was a lot of fun. Oh yeah.
*****
BMI link:
http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/calc-bmi.htm


39 Comments:
I did oodles of gardening yesterday. Today I am making chile. Does cutting onions count?
It is supposed to rain later today. I *should* go walk now.
Morning/afternoon everyone!
I'm going to go for a walk, sans kids in the afternoon. Then, tonight while I watch Medium, I'm going to do my abs, leg lifts and push-ups.
Sooo not looking forward to doing crunches and flutter kicks...
I didn't do much over the weekend, but I did walk my measly mile.
DH brought my step aerobic thingy in from the garage, so I will do that also.
The good thing about all the gardening is that you get your excersise *and* the garden looks better!
I forgot to mention that I weighed myself yesterday, and I guess because of the breastfeeding, I've magically lost 6 lbs.
5'9" 189 lbs. now! Okay, so 24 more lbs to go!
(Although after the baby, it's not the weight, it's the tone. I'm so flabby now, not like after I got out of the service and used to Indian leg wrestle muscle-heads in the bar for money.... but I guess that was another life. Now I get geeked about greek pasta instead of tequila...)
Zombie and Rose: Gardening totally counts, especially transplanting and trimming branches thicker than 1 inch.
MM: a mile is not measly. You done good.
I'm going to edit again to include a link to a BMI calculator. If this turns out to be a bad idea, I'll remove it. :D
FTR: I'm 5' 6.5" and last I checked was 170 lbs. This give me a Body Mass Index of 27, which is overweight.
If I lose 30 lbs, I'll be in the mid-normal range. According to a bunch of damn skinny people.
Note to self: don't mess with Rose.
*whew* I just did 5 minutes on the stair stepper thingy...holy shat! That things kicks ass. I did the hand weights too. I think I need to take one level out of the steps, for beginning.
Also, we are posting our weights!?!?
Should I do my real weight or my weight after I place my boobs on the window sill?
Ok, back to it. *whew*
*snort* mm- w/out boobs should count! Mine have over 1 lb. of milk in them at all times, not to mention the fat!
Nobody has to post their weight!
I just though some of us might like to know.
I'm going to count carrying my son on my back to and from the school in the morning and at lunch today as my cardiovascular workout. He likes to ride his bike, but it was raining. He held the umbrella for both of us. :-)
I find I am doing pretty well with the moving and excercising. It is the eating that gets me!
This is wht scares me during winter when you can't get ou that much!
Oh I never thought of putting the boobs on the windowsill!
I am failing miserably. I would do better if the 49ers would do better. I do lots of jumping up and down when they do well. I do lots of pouting and sitting around drinking when they do poorly.
As soon as I get all the rest of the chips and brownies out of my house I am going to sesriously start this. Come Monday, nothing but good food and excercising. I promise. *sigh*
I think I'll join you guys, if you don't mind, although I'll look like a big wussy. Most of what I'll be doing is walking and maybe the occasional swim class, but checking in will motivate me.
Today we walked around in the rain for 45 minutes and stomped in puddles. I figure hopping around like a frog counts, no?
Yay new member!
Getting fit and eating healthily are good goals for everyone.
You bet jumping like a frog counts.
Carey: since you were the next person to respond in Rose's blog before, would you like to host the rah-rah sessions next week? Or shall we pass them on to MM?
Go to MM first. I will feel like a hypocrit because I have been so bad at it. Once I get on track then I can be a motivator.
Ummm...bad news. I won't be here next week, well I will, kinda...on Tuesday I guess. Oh, I don't know- I have to look at my schedule. I am leaving this Thursday, early morning and will be back on Tuesday morning (or something). So I can do it if ya'll can wait until Tuesday. Oh, do I have to have a cheer, because I don't know if I can do that...
Don't worry, MM. This is supposed to be fun, so if it's inconvenient for you, then what's the point?
You can say when is best for you to host.
Shall we ask Zombs?
I can do it next week! Just let me tidy up a little!
I'm here too. I did the Arc Trainer on Saturday and Sunday at the gym. 30 minutes each day. I didn't do anything yesterday because of the whole yard/dog pee fiasco.
Is anyone interested in doing some sort of joint blog just for weight/excercise support? I know Rose does something and now Seana. But how about we create one central place?
And I don't mind posting weight, etc. I think it will keep my motivation up.
Good idea Sam, (what is your nickname, anyways?). I don't know much about doing blogs though, it's a minor miracle I have the one I have. Any other volunteers?
And I can host the thing after Zombie and Samboohoo. Or whenever. Just let me know.
p.s. I doubt I will post my weight!
*sigh* I'm with Carey. I promise to catch up and start being good on Monday. I mean come on! I have to be able to eat birthday cake this week. *grin*
I'm sorry I haven't been here today. This morning J and I went to Storytime at the liberry and at lunch, I yelled at T disproportionately to what she had done and upset her. So I took away the computer from myself.
I told her that when I brought her home from school and she seemed to find it amusing.
I was a bad mommy.
Anyway...I don't mind a joint blog thing. We would all have the password and could write and edit, etc. I'm making dinner right now, but I'll be back.
I am eating frozen waffles right now. Well not really frozen becuase I toasted them. They are Kashi frozen waffles which are organic and loaded with protein and fiber.
ANd why post this in a diet thread? Becuase in order to lose weight we have to eat. Metabolism works like a furnace. The more we eat, the more we can burn. So no straving yourselves ladies!
And I am not trying to be funny here. Even though it may sound like it.
I got me all kind of endorphins today. I think I was actually buzzed from the exercise.
Ack. I have enter those letters! You have no idea how long that takes me as a dyslexic.
I agree with Monsty on the no eating. We do have to eat, we just have to eat the right stuff and excercise. This worked for me and Breezy last year, right Breez?
Anyhow, I talked to my GF and she agreed that we are starting on Monday.
I want to look into the Kashi waffles. I love their cereals and ate a lot of it when I was dieting before.
I will do the cheering the following Monday if it isn't taken by someone. I can be a very good diet nazi when I want to be.
What Monsty said is true. I have read that breakfast is "free". If you eat a sensible breakfast you actually burn the calories so you start at even! If you don't eat until lunch then your metabolism slows down cause it thinks you are starving.
If you must skip a meal make it lunch. But you should not do that either!
Yikes! Ya'll sound like my DH! He is always on me about not eating enough. I do the best I can, but you are right, when I don't eat enough, I don't do as well. *sigh*
I do eat lots of shredded wheat though, that's good, right?
Oh and one more thing...we should not call this a "diet". It is a change your lifestyle.
Zombie...we heard you the first time! Sheesh...
*giggle*
And I agree, FWIW.
Welcome Monsty!
I absolutely agree about the food and calling it a "lifestyle change"
I think I eat quite well. Especially since I have my little rule about no sweets before dinner. Now, instead of crap, I eat a bowl of Rice Krispies for a snack. I admit I don't get to breakfast until after we take DD to school.
Unhealthy snacks are more my problem that unhealthy meals. But I'm working on it.
I deleted the duplicate post! And I did the "Remove forever" thing that Arkie posted about.
Now it looks like MM has some vision problem.
Hee hee...
Oooh, good idea about the food. I am a sucker for unhealthy snacks too, and I end up eating a lot of crap.
For example, tonight we had a very healthful dinner of spaghetti with meat sauce (whole-wheat spag) and salad.
Unfortunately, I had two Banana Kitkats on the way home and that was not good. And? I try to resist, but the chances of me having dessert are good.
Help!Me!
I just want to say this:
Chunky Bars are good. Bad for the gut.
Schwan's Cherry Freeze Cups are better. And not bad for you.
Oh- and not to get too graphic, but I have a question- does that hanging skin from C/S ever go away? Cause it's gross, and no matter what, my belly looks fat.
pooh.
Can I join? I'm trying to do the Weight Watcher's thing, and I am not enjoying it.
Rose, regarding your question about c/s... I posted something about my c/s on someone's blog, but I didn't share this particular tidbit. My doc did the belly button to pubic bone cut. The scar kind of pulled inside to heal. Which means it looks like I got a butt transplanted onto my belly. I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear, though. *grin*
Mine is the bikini scar, which leaves this hanging flap of skin over those "dammit f#ck these hip hugger" style of jeans.
Welcome arkie! More = merrier
I don't know about C/S flaps, but I had 2 vaginal deliveries, and I'm thinking that little flap never goes away.
I'm focussing on getting fit and healthy, not so much getting thin. Although, I would love to wear some of my nice pre-first-pregnancy clothes again.
I think it does go away Rose, but it depends on how stretched your tummy was during the pregnancy. I think the skin dies a little bit, if stretched too far. Trust me, I had twins, my skin still does not have feeling when touched in certain areas. My C/S was pretty good though so the after math has not been bad. (plus I only had one)
Hey! Where did my post to Coco go?
Coco ice pops! They are very low in calories and satisfy a sweet tooth!
Some have around 10 calories! So you can have 5 and not worry about it!
Oh BTW are we talking c-sections? My scar is very low too and you can't see it. But yes I think that the skin dies there. Oh and the flap ain't going away!
Actually, I do have some ice pops in my freezer.. maybe that is what I should be trying. However, I did NOT have dessert last night.
I did have McDonald's for lunch, though, so bad me.
Actually, I do have some ice pops in my freezer.. maybe that is what I should be trying. However, I did NOT have dessert last night.
I did have McDonald's for lunch, though, so bad me.
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! atlas direct student travel insurance Hairy white teens huge black cocks voip provider free voice over ip phones
Post a Comment
<< Home