Friday, October 07, 2005

Grey

Like The Weather

Natalie Merchant (10,000 Maniacs )

The color of the sky as far as I can see is coal grey.
Lift my head from the pillow and then fall again.
With a shiver in my bones just thinking about the weather.
A quiver in my lips as if I might cry.

Well by the force of will my lungs are filled and so I breathe.
Lately it seems this big bed is where I never leave.
Shiver in my bones just thinking about the weather.
Quiver in my voice as I cry,

"What a cold and rainy day. Where on earth is the sun hid
away."

I hear the sound of a noon bell chime.
Now I'm far behind.
You've put in 'bout half a day
while here I lie
with a shiver in my bones just thinking about the weather.
A quiver in my lip as if I might cry,

"What a cold and rainy day. Where on earth is the sun hid
away?"

Do I need someone here to scold me
or do I need someone who'll grab and pull me out of this four
poster dull torpor pulling downward.
For it is such a long time since my better days.
I say my prayers nightly this will pass away.

The color of the sky is grey as I can see through the blinds.
Lift my head from the pillow and then fall again
with a shiver in my bones just thinking about the weather.
A quiver in my voice as I cry,

"What a cold and rainy day. Where on earth is the sun hid
away?"

I shiver, quiver, and try to wake.

******

This sucks. I'm going to go bake some cookies. Chocolate chip, anyone?

9 Comments:

At Friday, October 07, 2005 11:30:00 AM, Blogger momma said...

Yes, please!

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005 11:40:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

{{hugs}}

Pass the cookies please...

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005 11:54:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

*hugs*
I like snickerdoodles.

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005 1:23:00 PM, Blogger Breezy said...

Yes please. *holds out hand*

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005 1:45:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Mmmmm... I'm here for the cookies too! Got any left?

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005 3:55:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

*passes out cookies to all*

I was in a grouchy mood this morning because DS woke me up by jumping on me and kicking me. It's not that he's so violent; these are kind of hold-overs from when he was a baby - like when he slaps my chest while hugging me: he used to do that when I fed him. But he's getting stronger now. And come on - I don't want to get up at 6 am if I don't have to.

I'm better now. Did anyone click on the link to the Weather Channel? Now you know something else about me.

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005 8:15:00 PM, Blogger Monstah said...

Look at you, you super star Mom. Baking cookies!

A little Monstah fact: I like cookies more than I like cake, icecream and even candy.

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005 9:27:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

*wanders in*
Did someone say cookies? Are they shaped like sheep?

*smooch*

 
At Thursday, April 26, 2007 4:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Summer teaching jobs in saudi arabia digital projectors Star wedding invitations volvo xc90 review levitra online free provider voip Tgp ionamin Discount auto insurance and dallas and texas Cheap calls to 00 372 numbers Idaho kimberly accutane legal buy ultram http://www.nba-basketball-9.info

 

Post a Comment

<< Home