Dammit
There is a gentleman in the neighbourhood who often sits on his porch and chats with his neighbours and friends who visit. He has been retired for maybe 5 years now. He knows everybody and is a large and gregarious sort of fellow, calling out to people passing by.
We walk past his house, taking DD to school every day. On the way home from taking her back after lunch, I stopped to chat with him. He has only been waving lately, instead of calling. I asked him how he was. I didn't notice how his hands were shaking. Can you keep something to yourself? he asked. Sure, I said. You know I've had heart trouble (he and DH are on many of the same pills). Yeah. Well, now I've been diagnosed with lung cancer. Long story short, he may have a year, if he does this special radiation and chemo combination.
So now I'm upset. He was sitting there, telling me in his matter-of-fact way about his "do not resuscitate" order. Dammit.
And you know what makes this suck just that much more? A couple years ago, he tried to get in shape. And had a heart attack. Now he's quit smoking and he's got lung cancer. Dammit.
Now I'm wondering how SurveySez is, because we haven't seen her in a while.
Anyone know?


15 Comments:
good question about Survey, but she comes and goes sometimes so I bet she is fine.
Sorry about the neighbor, that kind of thing really sucks. Happens too often, too.
{{hugs}}
How have YOU been?
Haven't heard from her lately.
And dammit.
I think I saw Survey last week. I think.
I'm sorry to ehar about your neighbor. *smooch*
I'm so sorry about your neighbor, sweetie. *hugs*
Haven't seen Survey, so I'll send her good thoughts. Your neighbor, too.
{{hugs}} I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor.
dammit. I'm sorry to hear about that. *hug*
(haven't heard from Ms. Sez)
I'm sorry about your neighbor. *smooch*
I haven't seen surveysez since the OT gift exchange.
Oh, that's terrible about your neighbor.
I've been thinking of Survey too.
Nutz! Are you blogging now too?
Welcome!
Seana, why haven't you commented on my blog for the last TWO entries? Not that I'm keeping track or anything, but...why?
*squinty eyes*
Hmm..make that THREE entries. Hmmph!
Nevermind, I'm all better now. :)
Nut.
*grin*
{{{hugs}}}
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it car insurance online wisconsin Unfficali web sites of jenna jameson Decks patios driveways west friendship maryland Hvac humidifier Care care skin skin Depression pill buspar common sense online and colleges Provigil in egypt Rosacea skin care natural Information on celebrex with heart patients Black women with huge tits geting fucked Handwriting recognition software for pda Hairy women fucking depakote abuse Cilantro cancer dr. tom wu Foros voyeur
Post a Comment
<< Home