Thursday, September 22, 2005

Insert Title Here

When I send out a personal email, I usually type "Stuff" in the subject line. When the email covers a number of subjects, I call it "Bunch of Stuff". Thus the name of this blog. But now I don't know what to call this entry, because the name I would usually use is the name of the whole blog.

**************

DD's school had its annual "Meet the Teacher" BBQ, only it rained so we were all in the gym. When they re-build the place (it's supposed to be closed down at the end of this year, but maybe not...) I hope they put in air conditioning or something. Damn, it was hot.

*************

There was a thunderstorm this evening. Not a really loud or especially lightning-filled one, but still pretty interesting. It was spoiled by the fact that DH is on afternoons and won't be home until midnight. Back when we were first dating, we used to enjoy watching thunderstorms on the balcony. Then we would enjoy each other while watching thunderstorms on the balcony. *sigh* Too bad there's no balcony here, but we make do.

*************

I've decided that Mary Higgins Clark writes the same book over and over. Female lead character is 30 or over, professional, stumbles across mystery, is hunted by killer who very nearly kills her in the last chapter, finds true love who isn't bad guy in disguise, though you might be led to believe it. Oh well, I'm waiting for Knife of Dreams to come out (see the Wheel of Time link if you really want to know) so I'll just read this stuff for now.

**************

DS told me tonight that monsters wouldn't come into his room. I told him he was right. He doesn't really complain about the monsters anymore, he just looks for confirmation that they're not there. Same thing when he tells me that he's not going to the sitter's, and I say, no, when T is in school, it's just J and Mommy. And he smiles. So I wonder if the monster was 'going to the sitter's'. The monster spray certainly served its purpose, though...he carried that little bottle around with him everywhere. Then he started dumping it out on the carpet. ( My house smelled like licorice extract. :-) ) Then he started forgetting about it. Which worked right out.

***************

12 Comments:

At Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:13:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

*sigh* Rain, thunderstorms...they can be sexy, can't they? Sorry your hubby wasn't there with you.

I agree completely about the Mary Higgins Clark books. I never thought about it before, but you are so right.

 
At Friday, September 23, 2005 12:45:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

We just had an awesome thunder and lightening storm on Tuesday night. We usually don't get very good storms. This one was cool.

 
At Friday, September 23, 2005 8:36:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

You know I think I have the recipe for Monster Soup somewhere. If not we should make one up.

 
At Friday, September 23, 2005 10:03:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

Monster soup? This intrigues me.

 
At Friday, September 23, 2005 10:09:00 AM, Blogger momma said...

I think you need to head over to Rose's blog and post the thunderstorm thing on the sex tips thread/entry/post.

Guess I know what DH and I will be doing when Rita's aftermath hits us.

sxdzgb - sex does the body good? *snicker*

 
At Friday, September 23, 2005 11:19:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

It is really called Loch Ness Monster Soup but I think we should rename it Green Monstah Soup!

What lurks in the murky depths of steaming bowl of tasty green soup? Well, a monster, of course.

The soup

2 10-oz. (284g) bags fresh spinach
2 tbsp. (30mL) butter
1 onion, chopped
¼ cup (50mL) flour
4 cups (1L) milk
2 cloves, whole
salt and pepper, to taste
sour cream (optional for garnish)

Wash the spinach, drain it and place it in a pot big enough to hold it all. You can crush it down so that it fits – as it cooks it will shrink dramatically. Cover and cook (in just the water that clings to the leaves after rinsing) over medium heat until thoroughly wilted but still bright green. Remove from heat.

Measure the butter into a medium saucepan and melt over low heat. Add the chopped onions and cook until soft – 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the flour, cook for a couple of minutes, then add the milk and cook, stirring, until it thickens and just comes to a boil. Let simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring almost constantly. Now dump half of the cooked spinach and half of the milk mixture into a blender or food processor and puree. Pour the blended soup into a saucepan and repeat with the rest of the spinach and milk mixture. If your processor is small, you might have to do this in 3 or 4 batches, instead of 2.

Season the Lock Ness Soup with salt and pepper to taste, and reheat gently – don’t let it boil. Ladle the soup into bowls, add a dollop of sour cream (if you’re using it) to each serving, and swirl gently with a spoon, Add monsters (see below) and serve immediately.

Makes about 6 servings.


The monsters

Cut a green pepper into ¼-in. (1/2cm) thick rings. Following the bumps in the ring, cut each ring into sections at the spot where it indents. A small pepper may have 3 bumps, a large one 4. Bending each section of pepper gently into a crescent shape – don’t snap it – spear it onto a short bamboo skewer, first through one end, then the other. Repeat with a second section of pepper. This will form the two humps on the monster’s back. Now take one more section of pepper and stab it only through one end, leaving the other to curve up and form the monster’s neck and head. Attach two peas (defrosted frozen ones are fine) to the top of the head as eyes using two short pieces of toothpick or skewer. With a sharp knife, trim the bottom of the monster so that it will stand up in a bowl of soup.

 
At Friday, September 23, 2005 11:30:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

OMH!

That is so cute. I'm going to have to try that.

Thanks for the recipe. I will be referring to it as Green Monstah Soup.

 
At Friday, September 23, 2005 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Breezy said...

Diana Gabaldon's next Outlander series book comes out in two weeks. *hop*

 
At Friday, September 23, 2005 8:52:00 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Outlander too Breezy? Okay, we are officially twins. Mine's been preordered for over a month now.

And? Jaime is soooo mine.

 
At Friday, September 23, 2005 9:06:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Jaime Lannister?

 
At Saturday, September 24, 2005 7:32:00 AM, Blogger Rose said...

Ach, no.

Jaime Fraser, aka god in a kilt.

mmmmmmmmm.........

(From the Gabaldon Outlander series- a definate must read!!!)

 
At Monday, February 05, 2007 9:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info pamela anderson and tom sex pics anderson free gallery pamela heating contractors washington

 

Post a Comment

<< Home