Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day Off

OK, so I'm a bit late to follow the instructions, but here goes.

Yesterday I took the day off. I have been feeling a bit like furniture lately - somehow a part of the house, available for anyone's use. So I wanted a day to myself. DH was on days, so he's gone the whole day. DS prefers to stay at school for lunch. DD, who prefers to come home for lunch was on a field trip all day. Now, Friday is my day off anyway, but! I did all my chores Thursday - laundry, dishes, lunches packed, planned dinner for the next day, groceries, everything. There was nothing to keep me in the house, nothing to even keep me in the general area. So Friday morning, I packed a lunch and my knitting, hooked the bike rack up to the wagon and left.

First stop, the Dundas Valley Conservation Area. I biked the trails for 2 hours. It was great. The Niagara Escarpment is beautiful and the area contained by the CA is so diverse. I wish I'd been able to see more birds, but the trees and streams were lovely. I had to get off my bike a dozen times, just to appreciate the view. And also to walk it up hills. I kept thinking that I should be able to make it up some of the less steep slopes. I didn't figure out that my front tire was flat until later... I talked briefly with a nice gentleman who told me what to expect on the trail I was on and was greeted by a number of hikers.

Having figured out that I couldn't keep biking, I packed up and went to the beach strip, where I pulled out the camp chair and knitted. And stared out at the water. It was kind of chilly, but who cares?

I didn't feel rushed or pressed for time, but the best part was that I didn't feel anything pulling me to the house. I feel a lot better. I really do.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:34:00 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

What a wonderful idea...all that "me" time out in the fresh air.

 
At Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:33:00 AM, Blogger Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Good for you in getting that time for yourself ! Way to go!

 
At Thursday, October 01, 2009 3:03:00 PM, Blogger Tummy said...

That sounds like my kind of day - you need to do that for yourself more often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home