Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Can't Post Anything Else...

...until I post about this: my youngest sister slashed her wrists on Friday night. But first, she texted her ex-boyfriend, who called 911. There is so much wrong with this, I can't even begin to express it. I spent some time being sad and shocked, but mostly I'm pissed off. Which is why I can't talk to her. I'll say something like: "What the fuck did you think you were doing?" Because it really looks to me like she was trying to stick it to the ex. Make him feel sad or scared or lonely or whatever. She's totally delusional about it too. Can't figure out why our stepmother might be upset.

Also: the hospital sent her home the next day. WTF? So she spent some time with her BFF and then went to Dad's for dinner. Middle sister was there, too. Middle sister says she had a deal with Youngest Sister to call her if she ever had these kinds of thoughts. Apparently, the thoughts just sort of came up and she acted on them. Nothing really to preface it.

So that's all I can think about. And I don't want to because it pisses me off.

4 Comments:

At Monday, March 23, 2009 12:57:00 PM, Blogger maroonclown said...

WTF?? You must be beside yourself. I get why you're pissed off.

Probably a good idea to cool down for a bit then maybe have a serious convo with your sister about the hold her BF has on her. Or what kind of games they are getting themselves involved in.

In the meantime - {{hugs}}

 
At Monday, March 23, 2009 6:15:00 PM, Blogger Starshine said...

That is just woah! I understand why you are hacked off.

It sounds like a cri de coeur to me, and a cry for attention. If you have any influence over her persuade her to see a counselor, they may be able to help her to see things in a more rational way.

For you {{Hugs}}

 
At Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:06:00 PM, Blogger Swami said...

Oh gee, Seana. It's tough to be concerned & po-ed at the same time!

I think any kind of attempt, even a seemingly fakey one is a something to look at closely & seriously. (This is easy for me to say since I have never been involved in anything like this.)

 
At Sunday, March 29, 2009 1:37:00 PM, Blogger macgyver13 said...

Whoa, that's a scary thing to go through -- it's natural to be pissed off at her and want to slap her up and down the side of her head for even thinking of doing it... but at the same time, she needs that help and that support that she doesn't know how to ask for.

Glad to hear it ended well in the whole picture of things and that she lived long enough to allow you to slap some sense into her.

Oh, and Starshine? "hacked off?" You and your charming Brit ways of communicating. :) But I'm not sure we want to use the term "hacked off" when Seana posted about her sister slashing her wrists, eh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home