Idiots
We are moving an entire school back from two buildings to one. I wasn't involved the first time, though I did help with some unpacking and rearranging at one of our current buildings. Our last day at Building S (Grades 4-8) is tomorrow and the last day at Building G (JK-3) is Wednesday. I have mostly volunteered at G. Today, the movers came for some stuff and also moved a great lot of boxes from the supply room to our breakfast room to be stored so that there would be enough space to pack up the rest of the suppy room. They seemed upset. We wondered why.
Seems the students from the local community college, who are studying to be Child and Youth Workers were in on Friday because they had to be for their hours, or whatever. Friday was a PA day, so no kids. They packed the supply room. They didn't properly assemble the boxes. They chose really large boxes, which they either overfilled or didn't fill enough. Several heavy boxes were stacked on top of boxes with not much in them. Every box was outrageously overtaped, as if the person making the boxes knew that you can't just dog-ear the bottoms of boxes, but did it anyway and hoped the tape would keep it from falling apart. Which it didn't.
I have spent the afternoon re-packing boxes.


3 Comments:
I hope they appreciate it, those no-good administrators.
Your whole school functionality thing baffles me. And I don't think the cc students should get full credit when no students were present for them to interact with. What's the point?
Packing should be done by people who know what they are doing. Anybody with back muscles can move boxes - but packing is an art. I hope they didn't damage stuff with improper packing!
After those silly students get real jobs, and apartments, and have to move a few times, maybe they'll learn how to pack... just maybe.
Post a Comment
<< Home