Wednesday, November 19, 2008

In My Neighbourhood

A draft I didn't post in September, for some reason:

Junkie neighbour's creepy dad has had 2 strokes in the last week and is in hospital. This means that junkie neighbour is occasionally not there when junkie buddy drops by. I feel badly for the mother, a nice lady who sometimes gives me plates of baklava or spanikopita, or tips on growing roses. She used to be out in her garden all the time, but not so much in the last couple years. I wish she would start weeding and pruning again. She really enjoyed it and found it relaxing.

The whole neighbourhood has been watching me scrape the paint off the front porch. Honestly. Who knew I was so interesting? In any event, I have given up. The instructions on the new porch finish stuff says that if the paint is really on there, just scuff it up some and wash it with concrete cleaner. Done and done. DH and I will slop on the Stone Effects tomorrow. We'll be less trailer trashy within 24 hours. No, I do not have access to a pressure washer. Yes, I did use a sander attachment on an electric drill.

MommaCat horks loudly under our bed twice a week, at the least. If it was a proper hairball, I could find and remove it, but it's just liquid. I'm not moving the bed to sop up a wet spot every other day. However, now I know that the carpet under the bed is probably all crusty where I can't reach.

The kids start school on Tuesday. I can't wait. DH has the day off. We'll be bringing DS a lunch and having a picnic at the school. I don't think it's a good idea to bring him home for lunch like I did with DD in Grade 1 until the pattern of going to school mornings and afternoons is established. Some mornings he doesn't like to go to school and puts up a fight. He's always fine when he gets there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home