Friday, December 12, 2008

Life in General

  • DD's birthday party was on Saturday. We went bowling and then came back here for cake. It was fun. My dad and my sister joined us at the bowling alley.
  • I ordered a hamper from Christco in January. It came Monday. I was out. I left a note on the door that they should call my cell phone #, which I wrote on the back of the note. I put a little arrow to indicate that the note should be turned over. Someone thought this meant that they should just leave the boxes next to my house. So they did. I was displeased.
  • DS got in trouble last week for threatening a girl who lives on our street. He doesn't like her, he says, because of that time in October when she pulled down her pants and waved her butt at him. He found that rude and has been getting her back for it ever since. Both his teacher and I told him that he didn't have to be her friend, but he couldn't actively be bullying her. So he's been making an effort. He really has. Yesterday, after cleaning up his own workspace, he went around to all (even M) his classmates and helped them clean up too. Without being told. Today, he was invited to the Principal's Lunch for kids who demonstrated the character trait being focussed on this month. I forget what that is. Caring, I think.
  • I didn't have to go to DS's school to bring him lunch today, but I accomplished nothing of any value.
  • The Canadian political thread is making me mad. I should stop going there.
  • My feet are cold.
  • I swear that as soon as I finish this entry, I'm going for a run and to use the weight machine. I stopped exercising last week when I got some kind of bug that made me feel weak and fuzzy. I couldn't get up the stairs without wheezing. Anyway, that's been gone for a while now, so it's time to get up off my ass.
  • Is "ass" a swear word? DD insists that it is and keeps telling me not to swear at her. I have been using the word "ass" to refer to the part of her that needs to get up off the couch and do what I asked. She doesn't seem to hear me, otherwise.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, December 14, 2008 11:11:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

You have a red flaggy at the other place.
Yay for DS for being so good. You should be proud.
I don't think ass is a bad word but coming from me that might not be a ringing endorsement for the word. LOL

 
At Monday, December 15, 2008 1:17:00 PM, Blogger maroonclown said...

Ass isn't a bad word.

Now if you said to DD, "get off your effing ass" then she might have an argument. But ass on it's own? Nope.

I agree about the Canadian politics thread, but at least there's only one.

 
At Saturday, December 20, 2008 1:31:00 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

I wouldn't use "ass" in front of my kids. I'd say rear end or tush.

Yay for your son's special caring.

And happy birthday DD!

 
At Saturday, December 20, 2008 1:37:00 PM, Blogger Swami said...

Ass isn't a swear word anymore, but it is kind of pejorative so pick another word if it bothers her so much.

Good for DS being Mr. Helpful.

This time of the year especially delivery people are going full-tilt boogie and don't mess with reading notes. Arrow? Drop package. Done. I am trying to figure out why it took almost 12 months for your hamper to come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home