Hooray for Friday!
What is up with this weather? It's like 12 degrees out there. (50? American) and the sun is out. DH had to go back to work for a meeting and took the motorcycle. I thought it was a bit windy, but he really wanted to.
I wonder if we have enough money to go out for some crappy fast food. I bet the kids would like that.
ETA:
For Schnookie
Stuff about Bows and Rosin from Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violin
The bow consists of a stick and a ribbon of horsehair stretched between the tip and the [end].
The hair of the bow traditionally comes from the tail of a white male horse, although some cheaper bows use synthetic fiber. Occasional rubbing with rosin makes the hair grip the strings intermittently, causing them to vibrate.
Rosin

Violin and Bow

There you go. :-)


13 Comments:
Oooh, speaking of fast food, Chris and I went to Wendy's last weekend (on our way home from up north). You can eat super cheap with their value menu (I had a side salad, chili, and huge baked potato for $3). But that's not my point.
There was a school bus load of kids in there ordering & being, well, teenagers. One said something and the other retorted, "There's just old people in here." Chris & I looked at eachother & sighed. Cripes. He's 32 & I'm 28. We have now been labled old.
It was 60 something here today but it's cloudy now.
*points and laughs at Weltek* Join the old-fogey club LOL.
It was 70 here!! And I was stuck inside all day.
*pouts*
I have missed you. I'm going to catch up this weekend.
mmm crappy fast food.
My goal in life today is to convince Mr Bob we should go for cheeseburgers tonight.
It was 63 degrees yesterday and today? How bout 66 degrees after recieving a couple of inches of snow on Tueday night and Wedsnday morning.
I wasn't even aware of the weather today, I just shopped.
So, what did you do for dinner?
Seana, what a difference a year makes. Last year, Boston had 24 inches of snow (from one storm) this time last year. Yesterday, I was walking around the yard, in a light jacket, with my son. (Last year at this time, I thought I was going insane. It was the snowiest winter on record and I was pregnant and cranky. (Actually, I was depressed.)
Rosin bags are used in baseball too.
Rosin bags vs. hoe bags...who wins?
Fast food? A must! I lvoe Wendy's and their dollar menu is wonderful.
To Update: We went to Wendy's and I was up at 4 this morning regretting that. And again at 4:20 and pretty much every half hour until 8:00. I had salad. Salad. Good grief.
Just in case you wondered where I have been, I've been on the couch, semi-supervising my children while DH slept because (apparently) he really wants me to yell at him when I feel better. Seriously. He knows I'm sick, so I'm the one that gets up? OK, he just got off nights and didn't get much sleep due to the meeting, but come. on.
I haven't eaten all day. Making food for the kids was nearly the death of me.
On top of that, Aunt Flo dropped by yesterday and my back hurts so much I could hardly stand for most of the day.
I feel all whiny now. Wah.
Pity me.
*pities Seana*
{{hugs}}
Hope you feel better soon!
Thank-you, MM. I like you better than DH right now.
*smooch*
*HUGS* Sounds like a real rough time you had Seana.
Thanks for the info on the rosin. Very interesting. I also checked to see what the difference is between a viola and a violin. The viola has a larger neck. Do you play the viola the same as a violin? Same type of music?
Best regards from NY! best refinance rate baseball fantasy video surveillance Make money from email adress lists Anti-virus review Diamond ring trillion cut Outcast of poker flat http://www.bextra66.info zoloft drug wellbutrin
Post a Comment
<< Home