How Many Times Can You Call an Entry Some Variant of "Random Thoughts"?
Coolest Present Ever
The can crusher. It crushes pop cans so your recycling bin doesn't get out of control. My husband drinks a lot of pop, so this is great. But the best part? It's fun to crush cans, so instead of finding pop cans all over the house, they now end up crushed and in their designated bag within the recycling bin. I've been trying to accomplish this for years! Yay, can crusher!
More Cool Presents
Mom took me out tonight to get me some stuff for my birthday, which we haven't had time to do yet. I got a mailbox (ours is awful) and extension cord (I ran over the other one with the mower) and a ladder. Yay, ladder! Watch out, leaky eavestrough!
WTF?
Monday last, DH was on his way home when he passed by a new guy and another fellow. The other guy said, "Hey, G lives in your city, he could drive you." So DH, being a nice guy, says sure. He's that kind of guy. FTR, he works about a 45-minute drive from here. Turns out, New Guy needs a ride to and from work every day. His buddy works at the same place, but a different shift. New Guy doesn't have a vehicle or even a license, and he was put on a different shift from the buddy.He claims he was hoping to transfer to the other shift, but that shift wasn't hiring. So he knew. Who gets a job 45 minutes away from where they live and fails to have even a single plan for getting there? Holy heck.
Woosh
It's really windy. The light dusting of snow is blowing all over the street in little white swirls. Pretty.


10 Comments:
My parents have a can crusher that they love! They looked for weeks before buying because they had to have "the perfect can crusher".
They are very happy.
Hi, vols and Nutz!
Tell me, are you guys having login issues at the other place? I keep getting an incorrect username error. I remember we had this trouble when Webby was doing some maintenance before.
Seana! re-register with your same info! I had the problem too! ...and Estee, katliam & zipperhead!
Hope DH is getting a bit of gas money out of his new coworker.
And what is an eavestrough? Is that fancy Canadian speak for a rain gutter?
When is your birthday? Did I miss it? Happy Birthday!
OH! And my inlaws have a can crusher. My kids love it. So the inlaws save all the cans for a couple months until the kids come up then they crush cans til their arms are about to fall off.
I never think to buy a can crusher, but we need one. Thanks for the reminder. :-)
Thanks, Nutz! I posted in your blog about it.
Hi, momma! DH is supposed to be getting money on payday (today). He says New Guy better find an alternate route, because when the weather's nice, out comes the motorcycle, and he ain't driving New Guy on that.
Yes, eavestrough = gutter, but on the roof. I think of gutters as being on the ground.
My birthday was New Year's Eve and Thanks!
Hi, weltek! They really are fun.
It would be nice to have a smaller can crusher for all the empty cans of cat food I have. Or, I could crush people's heads in it *evil grin*
You DH is really a nice guy. What a tough situation to be put in.
*giggle* at your b'day prezzies. Whenever my mom visits, she always wants to buy me kitchen stuff ... which I don't mind at all. I got a new toaster over and kettle the last time she was here *grin*
Just came to *smooch* you. And to say that we don't have a can crusher either. We don't drink enough canned soda to justify one. I like doing them at other people's houses though. :)
We don't drink canned beverages often but I've always wanted a can crusher. I think I'll go the way of Vols' parents and search for the perfect one.
Useful birthday prezzies are great.
Wow. New Guy is an idiot, eh? sheesh. Poor hubby.
*smooch*
Post a Comment
<< Home